iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

History Channel

Started by Fla._Deadheader, October 02, 2003, 04:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Tonight at 10 EST, there is a logging segment. Early to present day. I caught the end of it a while back.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

biziedizie

Anyone got a spare tv they can lend me??? ;D

Steve

ohsoloco

Oh, sure...an hour before I get home from work  >:(  Keep me posted if it comes on again  ;)

pappy

FL_D
 thanks for the heads up :) :)

I luvs the History Channel :-* :-*

I fall asleep there almost every night  :D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

chet

I think I seen it already, but I'll watch it again just to make sure.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

RMay

good show did anyone see it , I liked the six legged faller :D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Fla._Deadheader

Only thing I can say, is, I never felt so insignificant in my life.
  Was good to see that the South leads in lumber production, compared to the whole Pacific Northwest.
  Hey Frank, ya need to start puttin in longer hours ::) :D :D :D
  That was one good program. EH ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

David_c

oscoloco  you can tape it at 2:00am becuase they play everthing thats on prime time again few hours later.

Bibbyman

I saw most of it but dozed off about the last 10 minutes and did wake back up until a half hour after it was over.  

Mary  didn't even try to stay up.  She'd dozed off about 8:00 and then went to bed.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

shopteacher

I'm with you bibby, but only seen the first ten minutes. I was smart enough to roll the tape though. That's about the only way I'm sure of seeing much after 10:00. :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

SawInIt CA

That was a great show. Thanks for the heads up.

Wudman

Was it fairly balanced coverage?  I know on the add for it they stated "[natural resources] and a whole industry dedicated to its destruction."  I will try to catch it at another time.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Jeff

Wudman, I noted that too in the preview for the show. Kinda pithed me off.

If its the same one I watched a while back it was not an attack on the industry.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I noted the typical negative comments about logging.  But they did a good job of telling all the obvious and not so obvious uses of the forest products.  They also did a good job of showing how modern equipment and mills make better use of what is harvested.  So as a total,  you could get the idea that logging and milling was a necessary process and was being carried on in some responsible manner.  

I just wanted to see one of those walking tree harvesters.  I'd like to run one through the mall just one time. ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

swinger

If anyone has a copy of that I sure would like to see it.
The only signal my tv picks up is the one coming out of the
video machine.
                  thanks
               Swinger

AtLast

I kept the eyes open and watched the entire show...it was REALLY good...enjoyed all of it.....makes me appreciate how things are done now as opposed to how it used to be done....those guys earned every cent....thanks for the heads up

LSUNo1

Thanks for the heads up FDH. I have seen the last few minutes twice. Thanks to you finally got to see all. Although seeing the modern equipment available today was interesting, I was most impressed with the old timers skill and ingenuity from years ago.

Tom

What do you reckon the world would look like today if the Egyptians had hydraulics? :D

Corley5

I tried to watch it but my eyes wouldn't stay open.  What I did see of it was good
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!