iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This years deer hunt

Started by Kevin, January 11, 2010, 05:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I better see something this year!  :D
This picture was taken on a power line/snow machine trail over on Manitoulin Island.

fishpharmer

I think they are huddled together because it's so cold. :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

I think that there's something in that trail beside snow.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kevin

SwampDonkey

That's more deer than in all of Carleton County. :D

Moose on the other hand.... ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Put out the food, and they will come.
;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Illegal to feed deer here, DNR tells everyone every winter not the feed the deer.

http://www.gnb.ca/0078/DeerFeeding-e.asp

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jim king

I grew up next to the Rice Beds public hunting area in Northern Wisconsin and almost every year the deer would herd up like that and the road going into the Apple River landing even looked like the photo posted.

The farmers hauled loads of corn and hay to them for years and then the DNR said no to the feed.  The next thing that was approved was to cut down acres of aspen for feed.

Great picture.

isawlogs

I love seeing those type of pics. As long as they keep feeding them its ok with me , but if you start and stop along the way , ya should be hung by the mid section ... the extended parts .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

I agree with Marcel 250%  :D  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Chuck White

I've received that picture and others similar in e-mails recently!

Sure is a lot of venison!

Agree, there has to be more than snow in that trail!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Now where are the Lynx and moose yarders? :D

Thank You Sponsors!