iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Foley-Belsaw 387 Sharpener

Started by tyb525, January 09, 2010, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

I found one of those for sale on Craigslist, it looks to be in good condition. According to the description it can file circular saws and some band saws. Does anyone know about these? Could I use it to sharpen my 1 1/4" bands?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

bandmiller2

Ty,I think that machine is designed mainly for filing handsaws.Really today our bandsaw teeth are too hard to be effectivly  sharpened with a file.Today there is little demand for sharpening handsaw as they can be bought new for what it costs you to get them sharpened.If you can find a foley/belsaw chainsaw grinder they are a solid machine.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

JV

Ty
I have a 387 filer and I believe the bandsaw blades they refer to are the small shop type bandsaws like Delta.  I also have a 357 grinder for circle saw blades.  I haven't used it yet, but it might be adaptable.  Although because of the gullet depth on sawmill blades, it probably wouldn't work.  When I get moved into the new shop, I may try to see if I can make it work.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Thank You Sponsors!