iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TARM BOILER

Started by GAV64, October 02, 2003, 04:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAV64

Does anyone have or know anybody who has had any experience with TARM Boilers. I see on the forum you have been talking about outside furnaces however they are not practical in my situation. I am lookin for a wood/oil backup boiler to heat the house and possibly the shop, I like the tarm because it only uses 1 flue of the chiminey and seems like the best thing out there, however it's pricey at $8000, any opinions out there. thank you.

Mark M

GAV64

I looked at them and everything I read or could find was good. Unfortunately their biggest model was a little small for my application. I decided to go with a similar gasification boiler from Alternative Heating Systems

Another good source of information is Woodheat at Yahoo Groups. This group is pretty biased against outdoor boilers but there is some good information.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Mark

raycon

Noticed you were in CT -
This weeks bargainnews has a wood furnace ad..

WOOD FURNACE,
 Titan model 101-T, 140 BTU's, 7" flue, water heated, low combustion, $395.

Its in the miscellaneous section.

Lot of stuff..

EdK

I have the TARM however it is the wood-only model. I can say I am satified however I've not lived with it for very long. The folks that sell these at Nichol's Hardware/TARM USA are able to put you in touch with satisfied users in the NE area that you may converse with so I'd give that a try.

bull

A friend of mine has a TARM and he loves it, burns all year round for hot water hasn't burned a drop of oil in 10 years.
 His brother just installed an outside furnace (Central Boiler)
and he loves it.... There's no wood mess in the house for the wife to squak about 8).. and he doesn't have to wait for seasoned wood... w/ the Tarm you need well season wood...
I heat my house w/ a wood-oil combo set up tied into a
 *(loop forced hot water system)* the wood furnace is a Newyorker Wood Boiler and the oil furnace is a Utica Boiler
 The Newyorker is fussy, the wood has to be dry and well seasoned  -- loves Pine and the chimney isn't a problem......  Hardwood must be 2+ years dry if not it burns to slow and causes a huge build up of creseote....worse than green pine
I clean my chimney at the Start of burning season  (October)
then check it in (January) usually I run a quick brush down for safety sake and then a good cleaning in (March)....... Maintainence !!!!!!! ::)  Why won't and outdoor furnace work for you???  :P

Ed_K

My brother-in-law has the large Taylor outdoor furnace, He loves it, It'll eat anything you can pick up and throw in.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!