iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Checking out the sponsor’s web sites.  

Started by Bibbyman, October 01, 2003, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Every once and a while I go to our sponsor's web sites and see what's new.  

I especially check out the Wood-Mizer web site right after the first of each month as they tend to have at least one new story on the welcome page and maybe few others.  

This month they have a story about a Canadian Jim Oseychuk building buildings with curved rafters.

Click on image to connect to story

Also an artical about Mike Slingerland a competitor in the Stihl Timber Sports Series.

Anther thing I noted this time was they are offering coupons on new mills.  They range from a box of blades on and LT15 to a free engine size upgrade on the LT70.  

If you order a LT70 with 42hp diesel and they'll up it to the 51hp CAT.  Order the 51hp CAT and they'll up it to the 62hp CAT.  Kind of "Super Size" deal.

Coupon sample on LT70

Similar coupons on all the other orange mills.

Peterson has a new popup I've not seen before anouncing their new automated mill.

(May load slow if you have slow connection to internet because it loads a video.)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

I'm a couple of days early on checking out the Wood-Mizer web site to see what was new so I didn't really expect to find anything.  But there was something new on their welcome 'home' page.  A link to their used Wood-Mizer mills.

Used Wood-Mizer mills

They only show two and one is sold but it's a start.
Sawing since '94

VA-Sawyer

When I was at Indy last week, I looked at the Super 40 HD they had listed for $24,000. It was out of my price range, but I wanted to see the condition so I could compare it to the other mills I had been looking at. I'm new to sawmills, so I'm not an expert on them by any means. However I have been turning wrenches on airplanes for over 25 years, so I know a little about machines. It appeared to be in the best condition of any of the mills I saw that week, except for the new ones at the factory. I would say it was a chance for someone to get a good Super for the price of a new 40HD. This isn't a sales pitch, it's just an independant opinion from personal observation of the mill in case someone is in the market.
I wished someone would have posted similar reports on some of the other mills I looked at last week. It could have saved me a lot of driving.

Rick

Gus

Itoo, visit our sponsors from time to time. Hey that side chuter is way cool 8)
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Bibbyman

Just waiting for the fire to get started again,  I went out and checked out the sponsor's web sites.

Did you know Baker has a new small mill out called the Buddy?

Link--> Baker Buddy

Did you know that on the Wood-Mizer web site they have a link in the upper left corner to their global home web site under 'SELECT A COUNTRY'?  It will take you to Wood-Mizer web sites all over the world.  

I've checked out the one in Poland a number of times over the years.  Why check this out?  Well,  they have a few different Wood-Mizers than we have here in the USA.  They were showing the LT70 at least a year before it was available in the USA.

Link--> Wood-Mizer - Poland - LT20 BTW - it come up in English.

They have a new LT20 manual mill.  Looks like it's of the LT25/27 family of mills but the sawhead and mast is redesigned to be more like the LT70s!  It has a new clamping system and optional log loading arms powered by a manual hydraulic pump.

Makes you wonder when we may see something like that in the USA?

Makes me wonder what they have out in China or South America? ???

Sawing since '94

ronwood

Bibbyman,

Why does Woodmizer have those mills in Europe and not here in the states?

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

ScottAR

Check out the LT80.  Reminds me of the larger Bakers or the Logmasters....

The Accessories page shows a different molder than available here and a gang rip edger.
Is the domestic edger capable of gang ripping?
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Bibbyman

Ron,  I don't think so... not yet anyway.  Did you note the hydraulic loading arms powered by a hand pump?  

Scott,  did you note they also have an LT50?  It is an LT40 sawhead on an LT80 length frame.  I think it'll saw logs up to something like 27' long.
Sawing since '94

ronwood

Bibbyman,

I did note the hydraulic arms powered by a hand pump. Nice option if you did not want all the hydralics. I also like the LT20 that they have with the new sawhead.

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

ScottAR

Bibby,
I just went back and checked it out.  I wonder what they're building over there to need 27 ft lumber?  I also wonder if someone could get one here?  I'd bet they would sell one and they just don't advertise it here as not many need that long lumber...  
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Bibbyman

I can only speculate but I've heard stories from my WM friends that they do a lot of business in some of the heavily forested areas of Russia and such.  Places where they've got a lot of tall trees with a few tigers hidden among them.

It's hard to do business in Europe unless you manufacture there. The factory out of Poland probably supplies mills to all of Europe and Asia and maybe Africa.  

As for available here,  I don't know that they are set up to manufacture that frame.   Exporting it from Poland would be a major expense.  I've talked to the WM sales about deleting some features and I think they'll do that ... But to build some custom configuration,  I'd suspect not.
Sawing since '94

ScottAR

Very Interesting...  So much to learn, so little time...
Thanks Bibby!
Scott
[Magicman]

Bibbyman

This is not really a web site item but we just got our new Wood-Mizer catalog yesterday and there was a picture of my long time Wood-Mizer friend Clifford Siebeneck.  

Clifford Siebeneck story on Wood-Mizer web site

We live about 45 minutes apart but seldom run into each other.  But we got to visit with Clifford again down at the Wood-Mizer open house in Mount Vernon, Mo.  He's still sawing.  Said just that week he'd sawn over 3,000 bf in one day with his LT40HDG24 mill.  Said it was a long day and he wore out some awful good help.

Clifford actually won the $500 door prize,  good for accessories to a new mill purchase,  but returned the prize to allow someone interested in buying a new mill to win it.  I didn't ask him how many thousands of hours he has on his third Wood-Mizer but apparently it's still going strong and so is he!

Sawing since '94

Frank_Pender

I checked out Log Rite"s site a couple weeks ago and saw that they did not have a dealer here in the West.  I offered and also purchased a 48" pv.  I have sawed a little over 2,000 bddft. of logs and not one time had the hook slip or miss catching the log, whether with or without bark. 8)  I have even used it for separating some logs on the bunks before they are raised to the mill platform for sawing and there has been no paint scraping or scratching, as yet.   ;D   I sure like the idea of being able to remove the point if need be, due to a possible break or you wish to convert to a cant hook unit on a temp basis.  

I have purposely left the unit in the weather to watch for problems.  None have appeared.  

I am still waiting to hear from Kevin or Pete about the dealership possibilities.   I reckon when my name appears in the listing of "Dealers" I will know their decision. ???
Frank Pender

Bibbyman

I'z pokin' around the Sponsor's web sites again this evening.  Guess what?  SOMEBODY'S web site has been completely re-done.  Pretty nifty. Online store and everything.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

This is in answer to something that was brought to my attention and is addressed to anyone (only one that I know of, and I'll bet its only one ) that has a problem with this thread.

I very much approve of this thread. I am very thankful to our sponsors and you should be also. They enable me to keep this forum going and allow me to spend at least a portion of the time thats needed to keep things going for all of its members. Our sponsors are the GREATEST. I encourage news from them and about them, from our members or directly from the sponsors. They are paying the bills and they should be commended congratulated and appreciated. Everyday, in every way by everyone.  

I do my utmost to make sure this forum is free from spam and unwanted advertising. Our sponsors news and information no how and no way falls in either of those categories.  Any thinking in any to the contrary will only undermine this forum, its members and its future.

Questions? I hope not.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Nobody's come up with the sponsor's web site I'm making reference to as being completely updated?

Bet your first guess is wrong! :o
Sawing since '94

Tom

Pete J

I've come up with two answers.

RR and LR

Did I win!

LogRite

dail_h

I don't check them out very often(bad bad Dail),seems all of a sudden,there ain't no time. I don't even get to check out all my favorite forums here every day. Too much to do,too little time.
   That doesn't mean I don't appericeiate them,just don't take the time to visit regular.Guess I don't get no gold star huh
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

RMay

D&L Double Cut Web site is looking good  ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Jeff

Looks to me like its the TimberKing site had some good work done. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

RR and LR and Double cut - all good sites and fairly new sponsors.

But the one I'm talking about is the web site of one of the very first sponsors.  Here is another hint.

These sponsor's web sites are more than blatant advertisements where the only need to go to one is if you are in the market for their product.  Most have important information and cool stories and links to other web sites.

Dig deep enough and you can really find some cool stuff.  

How's this for an example.

Band sawmill cuts 500 mt of ice in 14 days for Finnish Snow Show

AHHH!  By the time I got my post in,  Jeff named it.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Got up with a little indigestion about an hour ago and checked in to see what was going on on the Forestry Forum.   Did that.

Then,  for some reason I can't remember right now (and may never come back to me ???),  I clicked on the link to the Wood-Mizer website.

WOW!   They've redone the whole thing!   8)

They've got all the Wood-Mizer products listed on the home page – Sawmills,  Industrial Sawmill,  Lastec,  Metel-Mizer, and their wood products, etc.  A whole new look.

I'm going back to see what else I can find... 8)
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!