iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's here

Started by woodmills1, January 06, 2010, 06:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Alford

Hey, nice looking piece of gear, good for you. That high protein diet  should digest nicely, I wonder  if it could handle our high fiber diet  and not end up with heartburn . ???

logon

woodmills1

You got some fiber there :D

PT Barnum used to post a sign in his museum

This Way To The Egress. and charge people a nickle to go there

egress means exit!! :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

will be outside tomorrow from 9 to 12 running the multitek for those who wish to visit.  please stop by, no RSVP needed.  Visitors from south of NJ are welcome to accomodations and a big breakfast on me.  BTW we serve beans not grits for breakfast upina here
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Coon

....wished I was a little closer.....

It didn't take long for this thread turn to the topic of food.  ;)

In regards to the beans.... my grandfather used to tell me that beans were for workin' men cuz a fartin' ol horse will never tire, so a fartin' man must be the man to hire.....  :D  and there's nothing better than a pot full of em pork n' beans...  ;D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

woodmills1

Here is a shot of the first sold cord, took 1 hr 10 minutes, that includes the time loading the deck, as well as fluffing and buffing the logs.  Meaning trimming nubbins, butt flares and cutting major bends so as to feed well, but does not include the time to load the loggs onto the metavic trailer. 

here are 2 shots of the maximum the machine will do

Magicman

Did you do a 4-way split on that big baby and then re-split or what?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

the customer said he likes large chunks, and his stove is 24 inces deep so I just cut to 22 and 4 way split.  I bought the 6 way add on for regular customers.

Raider Bill

When you say cord are you refering to a full cord or face cord? I get confused........ :P
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

woodmills1

there is about 1.2 full cords on the truck.  Usually cord is used meaning full 128 cubic foot cord and any thing esle should mean soething else, IE face cord, rick etc.

Raider Bill

Thank you. Outside of this industry, forum and its members most people don't know the differance. I should have known you were refering to a full cord. After posting I walked away knowing I'd just asked a dumb question. smiley_goofy_face

I myself had never heard of a Rick before a couple years ago.

As long as I'm wondering,,,,,, when you speak of so many cord per truck load and are talking about say pulp wood how do they figure that out?

isawlogs

Pulp wood or any other cord of wood is the same , 128cubic feet of wood , 4'x4' 8 feet . When its on a truck it aint really complicated , the first load you put on will tell ya whats on there between the pickets and all other loads with be the same .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

CAn it not be stacked losely? What about as it tapers down?

stonebroke

You could put taller sides on that truck, couldn't
you?

Stonebroke

Warbird

I am surprised that picture of the loaded truck is a full cord.  I would have guessed less than that.

isawlogs

Kinda hard to judge how much is in the truck with out knowing the size of the box   :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

woodmills1

The rock body on my 4500 is 10 foot long by 7 foot wide and the mesh sides are 3.25 foot high.  That gives 227.5 cubic foot...so 1.75 cord if stacked and around 1.25 cord thrown.  I use 180 cubic foot for a thrown cord of 16 inch wood.  there is a section of the bed that was not counted in the above.  The front of the bed slants forward over the winch that works the roll off.  it provides another 30 or so cubic ft that I didnt use in calculating, so I know each load will be bigger than I have estimated.  As I stated above I filled the body level for my first cord and it stacked to 1.4 cord(the front section didnt get much wood)  so I figure if I fill the front and mound it will be a very fair 1.5 cord.

here is a side shot of my truck showing the tapered section at the front that I did not include in the volume calculations

Warbird

Thanks for explaining, WM1.  That is one nice setup you have going there.

woodmills1

Your welcome

I could put higer sides on, but the 13 foot conveyor operates best at about 8 ft max off the ground.  I have 2 dumpster bodies(truck is a roll off) but they are about 11 feet high.

I am going to load one of the dumpsters on the ground and see how well it pulls up on to the truck.

Thank You Sponsors!