Sponsors:

It's here

Started by woodmills1, January 06, 2010, 06:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

2009 used multitek 1610 EZ LD

went to take pictures and no battery so maybe tomorrow

A little trouble getting it off the trailer but it is home now

OMG fast fast fast, took me longer to pick up 6 logs with the trcator and metavic and load them on the deck than it did to cut split and load them

I bet Multitek doesn't get many complaints

I was gonna buy one of those processors that you pull the saw by hand, and already know that would get way old way quick
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Bibbyman

Way to go..

We have the smallest Blockbuster and it takes one person feeding logs on the deck and moving firewood away to keep someone busy running it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Captain

More cool new tools I need to go inspect -er- visit...

Congrats

Captain

fishpharmer

I look forward to the pics.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

woodmills1

I was gonna buy one of the machines that requires you to pull the sawbar by hand.  Didn't take 2 logs on this one to realize the hand work would get old real fast.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Warbird

woodmills1

Here are a few shots from yesterday

check the long winter morning shadow in this one

and next here is some high protein multitek food

Chuck White

Looks like a beauty!   Congratulations!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Wow, I love looking at stuff like that.  It's soooo different from anything that you would ever see here.

Congratulations on your "new" processor.  I'd be excited too..... ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Very nice!  Let us know what your average cord/hour ends up being with that thing?

Hilltop366

Nice! Film at 11:00 ?

motohed

Looks good to me , we want an update on production . I know there will be a learning curve to get use too .  does it have the log bunk set up ? Congrats on the processor .

woodmills1

Yes, I bought the one with the 2 chain live deck.  In the picture my metavic trailer is behind the processor so I can swing the logs onto the deck with the loader.  the controls are very intuitive.  Main functions are on the two joy sticks.

right hand forward clamps/ backward unclamps
                to right moves log toward saw/left away

left hand  forward saws log/ backwards raises saw
                to right splits/left returns

the live deck, conveyor, and splitting wedge height are on separate controls.

BTW the Robin/subaro engine fired right up in 12 degree weather yesterday, though i only had time to show it to a friend due to other work.  May run a load of firewood tomorrow.

customdave

Pretty shiney, might have to wear sunglasses to operate in bright sunlight. Nice machine have fun.....

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

woodmills1

I did a cord and a half today in just over 2 hrs.  The split and conveyur worked well, but the saw chattered and stopped a lot.  I had the feeling the feed for the bar was set too fast but didn't find info in the (short on info) manual.  I called multitek and found that there is an adjustment for the feed speed and will try some tweakink tomorrow.  I think the previous owner had it set fast for small stuff and I was having at 14 inch frozen ash, maple, oak and hickory.

Another note on the previous owner, the bar oil chamber was filled with used motor oil that needed to be stirred to get it to flow, at 14 degrees this morning.

So, truck is loaded for the first real try.  I am giving this first load to a good friend who helps me alla time with bodywork problems for short money.

going to dump and stack at his place to measure the volume stacked vs the volume ina truck from the conveyor so I can measure what I charge for a load.

Magicman

I'd go to the manual and see what they suggest for bar lube.  Probably hydraulic or ATF.

Strange how folks will try anything to save a few cents and end up costing dollars.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

So, I delivered the free load and stacked it and filled even with the sides, no mounding, it was 1.4 cords.  I figure I can do a cord and a half on each delivery.  Got my first order from craigs list for a $200 dollar one cord of 22 inch wood.  I know if I fill the truck level at 22 inch he will be a repeat customer. He will probably stack to 1 1/4 cord.  here we go..................... 8)

John_Haylow

Congratulations on your processer. Its nice to hear things are working out for you.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Magicman

I love it when a plan goes through...... 8)

gunman63

what  was  the  size of your box on the truck?

Jasperfield

Yes sir, that's a fine machine.

With its capabilities you'll soon find that making deliveries is where you're spending most of your time. And deliveries will become a "necessary agrivation".

About the used motor oil; You better get that stuff out of the machine, pronto. Use ATF or a cheap hydraulic fluid for bar oil.

Congratulations.

woodmills1

I am gonna run it to halfway with the used oil then suck it out with an old turkey baster and go to winter bar oil, but I expect to pay later for the sludge and metal it left.

My 4500 has a 10 foot long, 7 foot wide rock body, that is 3 foot 4 inch high on the sides,  a little slope on bottem sides and a forward slope over the winch in the front.  It measures 1.75 cord by my calc so I figured 1.25 card thrown.  I was happy that my experiment today gave me 1.4 cord tightly stacked with a level fill on the truck.

I will feel confident that with a rounded fill I am delivering 1.5 cord.

Coon

If I was you I would use it till its almost gone and then run some kind of varsol or solvent to rinse the system out.  Once you figure you got the system rinsed on the machine I would take it off and further rinse out again.  An air compressor to blow the solvent out of the lines would probably be worthwhile as well..... 

keep us informed on the method you use.... might come in handy for someone else at a later date.  ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

woodmills1

I will keep ya posted on what i do.  It wasn't the deisel that jelled today it was the blood ina bones.  I did an early pick up right in down town lowell, just some maple mike loaded into my dump, but we were right out on a busy street and I was outside directing traffic in 7 degree weather.  Got home and decieded it was time to do the paperwork and sum up last years bills to get ready for taxes.  No processing today.

Tom

It never fails me.  Whenever I read the title to this thread, I think of the Br'er Dave story of the traveling promoter that came into town and put signs up everywhere.   "It's coming", they said.

The signs littered the little town along with signs that said, "It's on the way",  "Get your tickets now".   

The patrons were beside themselves with excitement.

Then the signs said, "It'll be here next week, get your tickets".

Then signs said "It'll be here tomorrow, Don't miss it, get your tickets".

Tomorrow came and the theater was filled with people.  The Curtain was opened and, there on the stage was a big sign.  It read, "It's gone".

Now, Ain't that dumb?

Thank You Sponsors!