iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Duck dog for Christmas

Started by JJ, January 03, 2010, 05:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

It's been 2 years since my faithfull hunting companion passed on at 14 years.
5 years since I have hunted with a dog, and too many lost birds, so I gave it up.

Now I have new yellow pupply (wife named it Ginger Dog), and we are quickly puppy proofing the house ahead of the tiny (for now) toothy tornado.

We pick up the pup on christmas eve, at 8 weeks:

I had better hide my boots; maybe LL-Bean will give me new boots in exchange for this photo:

Weighing in at 15 lbs currently

JJ

Roxie

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!  She's gorgeous!  Keep us posted on her progress!   :)
Say when

D Hagens

Magicman

Now ya got two yellow "backhoes" to dig holes..... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kevin

They're a blast enjoy!

Here's my guy when he was a pup.

Warbird

Looks like she'll be a great bird dog!  Congrats!

Coon

Beautiful looking puppy there.... plastic soda pop bottles w/ a few small stones inside make good toys for the chewers...... they do sound rather annoying after a while.... but look at the bright side it's the bottle and not your nice boots.  ;)

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

beenthere

Kevin
You post lots of good photos. Where do they end up?

Not in your gallery.

Are they Admin specials?  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

???

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10030/Jessie4.JPG
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

zopi

Nice Pup!  15 lbs of trouble that one is...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

SwampDonkey

My grandfather raised and sold bird dogs for years. His were English cocker spaniels. He raised them for hunting grouse and woodcock. His best dogs would bark and point when a bird was flushed or seen hiding on the ground. Birds (grouse) don't seem to fly far when a dog flushes it.

When they are little they all look alike, spaniel or lab.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

JD350Cmark

They sure love the water.  Tennis balls & water and they are happy!  Great looking pup.
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25

isawlogs

Nice , yep great retreivers. I have two chocolat mix labs one just loves the water and the other , well she is a little shy yet. They are 14 month old . Balou the male will be in water no matter how deep/size/temperature , he even wants to retreive kayakes on the river , even though it has a person in it  ::)  We are borderd by a river that is used quite a bit for kayaking in the summer , Balou just loves to go down there and try his best to bring one home  ::) His sister, Charlie , just sits on the bank and barks , till Balou is out of the water . :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Kevin

Quote from: beenthere on January 03, 2010, 07:49:52 PM
Kevin
You post lots of good photos. Where do they end up?

Thanks, I post them and then cover them up with leaves so you can't find them.  ;D

fishpharmer

JJ, nice looking pup.  You gonna get mad at the ducks again?  What kind of ducks do you get up that way? 

I always heard labs puppies are either diggers or chewers.   I got one that does both ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

CLL

Son has one 7 months old, eats and chews everything in sight, including shoes and boots, and even couch in garage' Still great dogs though.
Too much work-not enough pay.

WildDog

Thats a beautifull pup, hope she works out for you, does she like the water? Down under a lot of breeders are solely breeding for show types and I believe some Labs are looseing that fondness for water.

I have a Lab stud, kennel name "Groundsearch" and attempt to breed for type and trial/retrieving, our latest litter was weaned last month and we kept one bitch who loves water and retrieving, my wife, 3yr old and I have just come back from the creek where she swam 60ft to the other side and back following her mum, I said to Nicky this would make a good photo, but alas no camera.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

SwampDonkey

Quote from: isawlogs on January 03, 2010, 09:04:16 PM

Nice , yep great retreivers. I have two chocolat mix labs one just loves the water and the other , well she is a little shy yet.

One thing gramp taught me about dogs, was if they don't go in the water on their own accord when they're young, they will not take to water. I mean don't push or toss them in. His little spaniels liked water to. They used to go with him out to the beaver pond and retrieve sticks.

Norm

The main reason I bought a sawmill was to afford having a lab....cheap 2x4's for them to chew on and use for discipline! :D

She's now almost 5 years old and my 2nd best friend. :)

JJ

Quote from: fishpharmer on January 03, 2010, 11:01:52 PM
JJ, nice looking pup.  You gonna get mad at the ducks again?  What kind of ducks do you get up that way? 

Hi fishpharmer
The places I hunt by paddle and jump shoot; are mostly narrow boggy streams with wild cranberries and very challenging to move through once out of canoe.  I usually have chest waders, one gun in one hand, and paddle in other (looking for semi-solid steps); while looking for down bird.   So much brush, underbrush, and under water underbrush; without a dog the down ducks get lost, and never found.   My old dog would just find directly, no fuss; and as she gets closer, tail was hot/cold indicater (faster wag, closer the bird).

Types of birds; mostly wood ducks, blacks, mallards; then deer season; and I don't pay much attention to ducks any more.

JJ

JJ

Quote from: WildDog on January 04, 2010, 03:12:57 AM
Thats a beautifull pup, hope she works out for you, does she like the water?

Hi WildDog;
Ginger and I will wait for spring to see if she likes water.
Most swimming holes are only open for ice fishing.

JJ

Thank You Sponsors!