The back door slamming as my daughter lets the dog out to play with me
Together we got this !

SPIKER

The Crunch of my back when I slip and fall off the porch,
the grown of the car starter as I try to start it up
the Whine of the woman when I say we need to cut some wood
the rattle of my knees as I shiver attempting to clear snow from the windshield
the Snap of the ice scraper as I'm doing so
the squish of the skin as I pry my fingers form the frozen metal of the snow shovel
the rumble of the town truck plowing IN my car after I have already shoveled it out for the 3rd time
the dog yelping as I try & close the door quickly to keep warm air in and catching his tail.
the high heating bill as arriving along with the seasons buying of presents.

:D

ya glass half empty type of guy lol

J/K

Mark

I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

isawlogs

Crack, splush as the ice let go and the water opened up for me to test its temperature in febuary...
Snap as the nails and or screws break from the steel roof contracting from the cold .
Knocking of the diesel starting after a night not being plugged in
The quietness of the forest after a snow storm has passed
The beauty of walking through the fields and forest after a snowfall

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

The snap of a tree when it's below zero
The rustle of falling snow
The tinkily crash of icicles falling off the roof
The purr of the snowcat....  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

The snap of your cheek after that frozen twigg hit it when it's minus two thousand outside .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SPIKER

I forgot the Snap/Crunch of your nose hair when you try & wipe the 6" icicle from under your nose.

the fogging up of your glasses as you walk in from the frigid outdoors and trip over the dog who was patiently waiting for you to return.

plugging in your block heater hoping the tractor will start so you can clear the snow from around the car & drive.

:D
::)
Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

red oaks lumber

the sounds of the keke bird, you know the sound keke rist its cold..
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Gary_C

There is no sound anywhere like the sharp cracking and poping sound inside a 20 ft diameter silo when you are trying to find out why the unloader will not go around at -20 F.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

beenthere

Quote from: Gary_C on January 03, 2010, 10:54:41 AM
There is no sound anywhere like the sharp cracking and poping sound inside a 20 ft diameter silo when you are trying to find out why the unloader will not go around at -20 F.

I was born too soon to hear that sound.   ;D  I was in that silo digging the silage with a silage fork and throwing it down the chute by hand. The silage at the walls frozen solid until a warm day when it would fall off and you'd hear the frozen chunk clanking on the doors when pitched down the chute.
The pits was climbing back down the chute with the updraft blowing the loose fines up in your face and down your neck. This was just before they invented hooded sweat shirts.  :)

I suppose when the unloader would not move, you'd have to go up, find which door to remove at the right level and then crawl in and get it working again.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jdtuttle

My favorite sound is the sound of laughter from the kids skating on our pond. Their in college now but it still warms my heart. The covered firepit by the pond warms the other parts 8)
jim
Have a great day

breederman

"Honey, the car is stuck at the bottom of the hill."
Together we got this !

red oaks lumber

beenthere,
i'm picking up what your dropping!  haylage was the worst for climbing down in, even with the hooded sweatshirt it just sucked. you just haven't lived if you weren't attached to a silage fork throwing it across the silo and then down the chute. didn't they pass some law about child labor? must have been past our days.. l.o.l.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Patty

The silage thing must be a Wisconsin event. When we lived in Oregon WI, I was the child selected to climb up into the silo and scoop silage down the chute. It smelled sweet and the steam would rise up from it until it froze solid to the pitchfork and the walls and on the ladder. And then your gloves would freeze to the ladder rungs, and your boots would slip on the frozen rungs that were covered in wet/frozen silage, and your scarf would freeze to your face all around the nose and mouth where you were trying not to breath too hard.Gosh how I miss those days!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

breederman

Not just a Wisconsin event.I think it was a farm event,I don't miss it.
Together we got this !

beenthere

Quote from: Patty on January 03, 2010, 05:39:48 PM
The silage thing must be a Wisconsin event. ..................Gosh how I miss those days!

:) :) My "event" actually was just a few miles east of where you live now (south side of Waterloo, and 4-lane Hwy 20 goes through the farm). Nothing left but the tall Scotch pine trees I used to shoot crows out of for practice.
I miss the days too, but glad they invented silo unloaders when they did.  :)

The silage smell was a lingering smell, but then this is a "sounds" thread.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

There's still no better sound than a tuned husky, on a dead calm and freezing cold morning... chewin' away at a rather large frozen tree...  The echo in the bush nearly returning to silence as the saw returns to idle.... followed by the crackling and snapping fibers as the hingewood lets go allowing the tree to fall towards the snow cushioned forest floor. Branches causing those swooshing and snapping sounds as the prize hits the ground.....  Jackpot... ;D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

motohed

Quote from: Coon on January 03, 2010, 08:01:41 PM
There's still no better sound than a tuned husky, on a dead calm and freezing cold morning... chewin' away at a rather large frozen tree...  da echo in da bush nearly returning ta silence as da saw returns ta idle.... followed by da crackling and snapping fibers as da hingewood lets go allowing da tree ta fall towards da snow cushioned forest floor. Branches causing doze swooshing and snapping sounds as da prize hits da ground.....  Jackpot... ;D

Brad.

Don't let the huskys die they won't be able to pull the dog sled !  ;D
On another note I miss snowmobiling !

gunman63

the thundering sound of the ice cracking  and shakeing as u sit inside the fishhouse on a frozen northern minnesota lake, on a -25 morning,as u wait quitely for the big northern to come to look at the decoy, then the silence as the spear slices thru the clear water, and then the big one splashing and thrashing around the fish house as u get it out the door.......

beenthere

I have dreams like that too... ;D
south central Wisconsin

Chuck White

The sounds of the snow-pack crunching as you back the truck out of the garage!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Tom

The rustle of crisp, new dollar bills and the clink of a credit card machine as a Snow Bird spreads his wealth.

old joe

Tom
I like the way you think !!
Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

Thank You Sponsors!