iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK a litle help please

Started by motohed, January 02, 2010, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motohed

I have a Thomas band saw mill that I got through a barter , I have never used it . I ordered a hydraulic log turner for it ,and it came with no instructions on installation . Having no idea about sawmills , I am a little perplexed on the install . My son and another guy  tried to install it , But I am sure it's not right because the hydralic's don't work Etc . I have not looked at it yet as I have had surgery recently , and had really never planned on being a sawyer until Forestry Forum . Now I would like to try my hand at sawing ,  I have a large amount of red cedar logs some are very good size  ,  20 inches at the butt .   :P

Thanks in advance Scott

Tom

I'm not familiar with the Thomas mill, but it's design seems to be very similar to most small bandmills on the market.  I'm sure there will be plenty of help on the forum when you get the chance to look at your mill again.  Hope you are quick to heal from your surgery and Welcom to the forum.  :)

Fla._Deadheader

In the mean time, a bunch of GOOD photos will get the gears turning on here.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

thecfarm

I have a Thomas mill and the only hyd I ever saw was at a show and I don't think it was ever made available to the public to buy.I saw a proto model.I have not checked their website in a awhile.Did you order it from them?I would call them up and ask Jon about it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

motohed

Quote from: thecfarm on January 02, 2010, 09:57:20 PM
I have a Thomas mill and the only hyd I ever saw was at a show and I don't think it was ever made available to the public to buy.I saw a proto model.I have not checked their website in a awhile.Did you order it from them?I would call them up and ask Jon about it.

Hi thecfarm           
I have the hydraulic log turner unit all ready , I didn't get any instructions with it . I myself have not gotten to look at it yet , and my son knows nothing about hydraulics at this time ,  I am not sure that he will allow me to teach him either at 20 years old .  You know how 20 year olds are ,they know everything ! At least mine does LOL !

Thanks Scott

LeeB

It may be as simple as bleeding the system.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

motohed

Quote from: LeeB on January 03, 2010, 10:45:32 AM
It may be as simple as bleeding the system.
Yeah I am sure once I get out there it will be simple , I just am not sure if the log turner got mounted properly .

Thank You Sponsors!