iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

UFO's .. and Alien's do you think they (might) exist ?

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, January 01, 2010, 10:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMERC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is this a start???

Astronomers: We could find Earth-like planets soon
WASHINGTON (AP) - Astronomers say they are on the verge of finding planets like Earth orbiting other stars, a key step in determining if we are alone in the universe.

http://my.earthlink.net/track?id=1018002&add=1&url=/article/top?guid=20100107/6c3ffb4f-f620-455d-bc55-6eb0765b204e
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Ianab

Well they have found all sorts of planets orbiting other stars, but the ones found have been big and orbiting close to the star, because those are the easiest ones to spot. Because they are so far away and faint they have not been able to to see an earth size planet at all, although the new satellite should be able to spot something in that range.

In fact if a nearby star had the same solar system as us, it may still be imposibble to spot with current technology. Unless the planets orbit on the same plane as we are viewing from they wont be detectable, and even then our solar system has no huge close-in plantets that are the easy ones to spot.

The precision of the instruments that they use to spot planets is amazing. The dip in the light from a star as a planet passes in front of it, or the shift in the frequency of light as the star wobbles from an orbiting planet.

The anology is looking for a moth flying around a lighthouse 10 miles away.

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Papa1stuff

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

moonhill

I don't know Dan, maybe it is the beard.  I must have missed the witticism of the other thread, how about a link?  It could be you are the official cuss word, I am just guessing now.  I don't play golf, I think it is a silly game which can lead to a poor marriage, so you won't find me on a golf course.

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

mrnero

I believe that Aliens do exist, I just haven't met one yet. :D
I have seen UFO's when they pass me on the interstate doing about (buck 10 mph) :-\

moonhill

Anyone seen the movie Avatar?  I think I placed this in the right thread.

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

SwampDonkey

I don't know how I missed this. This is Stanton Friedman's site on UFO's and the unexplained. He is a nuclear physicist and has followed a lot of sitings and such over the years since the 50's. Some of you may even recognize him. He lives back here in New Brunswick I believe since retirement. His site may be more entertainment than anything, depends on your perspective. ;)

http://www.stantonfriedman.com
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bandmill Bandit

As has been said by others in the thread, You'd have to prove to me that they don't exist. It is just so unrealistic to even think that we could be the only creatures in this vast expanse we call a universe. I am even willing to allow for parallel Universes.

Even the term UFO is rather restrictive. Flying is a reality of this planet. Who says those objects are actually flying. The speeds they move at are not physically possible based on the physics we understand that allow for flight on this planet.

I would love to understand the physics that those objects utilize.   
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

WDH

I met an alien once.  It was at last year's Pig Roast.  He was from New Brunswick  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on March 12, 2011, 08:21:51 PM
I met an alien once.  It was at last year's Pig Roast.  He was from New Brunswick  :).

I went one better than that. I met a Newfoundlander in 1972 and married her in 1973 and she still puts up with me after all these years. Ain't them aliens great?

Herb

beenthere

Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on March 12, 2011, 08:18:39 PM

Since you believe it, you don't need to understand it. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Texas Ranger

We cannot keep aliens south of the Rio Bravo, much less outa the skies.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: beenthere on March 12, 2011, 09:06:01 PM
Quote from: Bandmill Bandit on March 12, 2011, 08:18:39 PM

Since you believe it, you don't need to understand it. :)

Yea I know, but inquiring minds NEED to know.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Doc Hickory

UFO's...lot of speculation on the subject. I used to listen to Coast to Coast a lot at night (it's a radio ;rogram, usually found on the AM band; UFO and other weird phenomena is their stock in trade). Lots of people have seen things which are difficult to identify flying about. The government has been accused of keeping the truth from us lowly citizens. It's been said the reason for the secrecy is that the government thinks we can't deal with the truth, providing the source of UFO's are in fact from off world. Here are a couple 'truths' I hold on to: 1. I believe in an extraterrestrial being, most people calling him God. Extraterrestrial being defined as a sentient being not restrained to the confines of our one planet. 2.I believe God loves life, therefore we have hundreds of species of ant, grass, trees...no real need for all that variety other than God enjoys that variety. So, it follows that he also spreads that life throughout his universe for his own pleasure. 3. From what I've read in the Bible, there is no reason to believe we are the only sentient beings in this very large universe. The Bible is concerned with telling the story of what happened here and leaves what goes on in the rest of the universe largely unmentioned. 4. If there are sentient beings from other planets visiting here, and they demonstrably have superior technology than us, if they'd wanted to have us for fricasse', they'd have had us spitted and et long ago. 5. Whatever the truth, it is indisputable that I have to get up tomorrow and get to work just like every other day. In other words I don't have the luxury of panicking, I have a living to earn.  The thing that gets my goat about the subject is this: if there is extraterrestrial life, and if the government is keeping that fact hidden from us, they are doing it with our own tax dollars, and I find that totally reprehensible. I don't need the government keeping me in the dark for my own good. I'll go so far as to say I don't think I really need much 'governing' at all, being answerable to number 1 above. Just a little grist for the mill...
Feed a fire, starve a termite...

DanG

That's pretty much how I feel about it, Doc Hickory.  Is there life somewhere else?  Maybe so, maybe no.  I can't see it making any difference to me. 

If you see something flying and you don't know what it is, it is a UFO.  Once you find out what it is, it's just a FO that ain't U anymore. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

IMERC

Quote from: DanG on March 13, 2011, 02:52:54 PM
That's pretty much how I feel about it, Doc Hickory.  Is there life somewhere else?  Maybe so, maybe no.  I can't see it making any difference to me. 

If you see something flying and you don't know what it is, it is a UFO.  Once you find out what it is, it's just a FO that ain't U anymore. :D

how about IFO for Identified Flying Object???
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Texas Ranger

Radio today had a story about a guy that called the cops (in UK) about having been abducted by aliens.  They held him for one hour, and returned him.  He new this because his wrist watch and the town clock were exactly one hour off. 

Police politely informed him about daylight savings.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pineywoods

I think Doc Hickory pretty well sums it up. Now to further the discussion, go read the book of Ezekial in the bible, then tell me what it was that ol Ezekial saw.  :P Keep in mind that he had to describe what he saw using words that the knew (ancient hebrew)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

ARKANSAWYER

There are things like the Nazca lines and you can ask LeeB the Eygptians did not build the pyramids.  Just alot of things not easily explained and the universe has boundaries if there is a big bang and maybe not if made by GOD.
ARKANSAWYER

MtnDon

I am one. I used to have a card that said I was a permanent resident alien. Gave it up for a US Passport.  ;D

And I arrived here in an unidentified foreign object; Suzuki SJ410 (years before the samurai ever made it here)  ::)

weimedog

I know this has been said...probably many times...but I know there out there! I WORK with their offspring!
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

ely

all i can add to this disscussion is they better not land and offer me a free ride anywhere in their machine, i would be gone in a heartbeat.... who said alaska was the last frontier?

pigman

My college roommate worked for the Air Force division for thirty five years that keeps count of all the little green men they have found and he has told me everything I know about UFOs, nothing. :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Chris Burchfield

They may be looking for a place to dump crude oil and get it off their planet.  They've seen how we use it and determined we're pretty good at burning it up.   :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

fuzzybear

Being here in the north I have a slight advantage over others..no light pollution. I've seen 10 satellites crossing the sky at one time.  I've seen "satellites" stop and shoot off at a 90deg angle.  The biggest one I've ever seen was a LARGE triangle shaped one that was seen by about 400 people. There was a huge thunder storm move into the valley. When the storm was ending the sky changed to a purpleish color and this object came out of the center of it. About 2 years later the movie Independence Day came out, When the UFO came through the sky in that movie it was almost the same thing as we saw.  It sent chills down my spine.
 My nephew who was born in the bush and raised there, was at a small lake north of Pelly. There are cabins around the lake for groups from the First Nation to use when we ice fish. One night there were about 25 people there that saw this large object hoover over the lake and slowly move off. About an hour later one of the girls started to scream. She went to use the out house and saw a "Creature" standing there. My nephew was awake and ran out to see what he described as a mutant porcupine standing there. He said it was about 3' tall standing and moving on it's hind legs.  It had large quills all down it's back, and what he described as unusually large red eyes. He was so scared he forgot he had the rifle in his hand.
 The entire camp was out and saw this creature as it walked away. They all watched as the large triangle object moved closer to camp. They locked themselves into the largest cabin and waited till morning. In the morning they found tracks that even the elders never saw before. They were about 8" long with 3 definate toes.
 I've tried to get my nephew to return several times and each time I can see the fear in his eyes. This is a young man who has been face to face with large bears, and never once showed fear, but what he saw scared the bejesus out of him.
  I believe that there are others out there. Why the Governments and the religious institutions try so hard to cover it up is beyond me.

Quote from: ely on March 14, 2011, 05:06:50 PM
all i can add to this discussion is they better not land and offer me a free ride anywhere in their machine, i would be gone in a heartbeat.... who said alaska was the last frontier?
If they came here and offered me a chance to go to another planet and start again there I would be gone in a heartbeat also. I really hoped that we would be so much farther in our space program than we are now. When I was a kid, like so many others, I dreamed of flying off in space to start a new colony on another planet.
  An interesting character in the field of space exploration and UFO type stuff is Richad Hoglan. He has a web sight called enterprise mission.com He was one of the original Scientist on the US Space Program (NASA).  He has a lot of interesting stuff on Mars. One of his hypothisis is that there was life on Mars at one time and those people had to flee their planet, he believes they may have come to earth.....meaning that we are all aliens. ;D
 He does make a very convincing argument for life on Mars at one time. He gets a lot of leaked photos from NASA. They have for the most part just given up trying to deny that they are theirs, and have started to acknowledge them.
FB

I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Thank You Sponsors!