iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

soucy tracks

Started by moonhill, January 01, 2010, 08:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonhill

This is a test, please stand by...

Reddog

They get good reviews on the snow grooming forums.
Pricey like any track kit.

RockyMountainSawyer

those tracks looked real good on the green tractors ;D
Homemade Mobile Circle Mill, case 830 w/loader, 2-ton dodge w/ skyhook, 3/4 ton chevy duramax flatbed, stihl 460 magnum, and a brand new beautiful baby girl!

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Reddog on January 01, 2010, 08:58:37 PM
Pricey like any track kit.

One of the downfalls of tracks...$$$$$$$

moonhill

I wonder how they function in a woods cutting operation?  I wonder how the turning radius is effected, you do have the foot brakes?  I see a difference when comparing them to grooming trails.  I don't know the cost.  How long do they last?  There seems to be a lot of moving parts in comparison to a simple wheel.   Perhaps a nice set of chains would suffice.   I know with just the rubber tires my tractor is no good in the snow, at times it can't even get out of its own way.

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

Reddog

Quote from: moonhill on January 02, 2010, 07:00:42 AM
I wonder how they function in a woods cutting operation?
I wonder how the turning radius is effected, you do have the foot brakes?  I see a difference when comparing them to grooming trails. 
I don't know the cost. 
How long do they last?

I would think you could run the risk of breaking some thing if in rough ground with out much snow for a cushion.
From what I understand the turning radius stays the same. but in the woods they will stick out further than a tire at full turn. So you could run the risk of catching them and doing damage.
Price was 30-40K for a 4 pcs set to fit a 60-80 hp 4x4 tractor.
If you really have a interest, give them a call. Nice folks, they maybe able to show you some one using them in the woods.  :)

Maine372

they look like they are made of plastic. steel tracks can take the abuse of rocks and sticks etc, i dont see that plastic holding up very well.

also rather than having just the short section of the front wheel on the ground there is 20" of track on the ground. i gotta believe that its hard on the power steering to turn all that.

grooming they are probly awsome, loggin i have my doubts.

Quebecnewf

I think this type of system would work for hauling logs across the frozen marshes in the winter time. With one of those log loader trailers behind on a big set of skis I believe you could haul large loads over level ground. If you go back and forth over the same trail after time it will become cement hard and bear up under tremendous weight. With the blade on the front you could level out the snow bumps on your way in and I believe over time you would end up with a type of "winter road"

Come the summer you put the wheels back on and you have a machine you can use around the mill for many things. Its win win

Quebecnewf
http://www.ebertwelding.com

Another sit that does the same thing but a little different track set up.

Thank You Sponsors!