iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not something you see everyday

Started by b11lefevre, January 01, 2010, 05:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b11lefevre

I know you guys love pictures, so here it is.  This is a Komatsu PC600 about 60 tons?  I think the bottom of the hole was 12 or 13 ft deep. I stopped when it got to the top of the tracks and two other guys told me they were going to show me how to get it out.  Maybe they'll have better luck next time since apparently they made it worse. :D  Pete moss was the culprit.  Next time I'm going in with a smaller machine I think. 

Tom

That's stuck!
Where's the pictures of you getting it out?   :)

Dan_Shade

ouch, I hope the insurance is paid up.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Magicman

I hope that you don't get the rain that we've been getting, or you will find out if it floats.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scgargoyle

What's that old saying about when you find yourself in a hole, it's best to stop digging? :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

b11lefevre

one and a half days and a lot of cigarettes got it out.  We took sections of the foundation we pulled out and built a ramp, while we cabled the bucket of the 600 to the tow hook on a CAT 245(about 75 ton) and started yankin.  It came out not too bad.  At least we know what to do for next time.  :-[

motohed

Quote from: b11lefevre on January 01, 2010, 05:43:28 PM
I know you guys love pictures, so here it is.  This is a Komatsu PC600 about 60 tons?  I think the bottom of the hole was 12 or 13 ft deep. I stopped when it got to the top of the tracks and two other guys told me they were going to show me how to get it out.  Maybe they'll have better luck next time since apparently they made it worse. :D  Pete moss was the culprit.  Next time I'm going in with a smaller machine I think. 

NO I haven't been there ,and I don't want too do that !  :o

SPIKER

This is a Komatsu PC600 about 60 tons?  I think the bottom of the hole was 12 or 13 ft deep.   

see theres your problem, thats a 60 ton machine in a 120 hole! :D

and no I have not been THERE but been close with a 2 ton machine..
Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

ErikC

I've been pretty stuck, maybe not quite that bad though. It's Usually time to get some help before that, but when your in the biggest machine around the area, who do you go get for help? :D Building a causeway to get free on is good thinking.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

wi woodcutter

Don't worry I have been there myself! :)

I have got my 385 stuck at least 4 or 5 times now. Not a good thing. The best way to get them out is with a lot of yelling, screaming, some arm waving and a D6T LGP.

At least that what happens where I work. :D
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

b11lefevre

We have 2 245s on the job so as long as they're not stuck we've got a chance.  Apparently gravity still works.

rebocardo

ely

ive seen them like that here twice. on the road job that they are widening. they were clearing the trees in a swampy area. it was dry at that time of year. we stopped by and i told the boss the area is usually under water 9 months a year. he says" you are about the 20 th busy body that has told me that today" i said thanks and left. when we came back from town in about and hour the mud was over the cowling and still going down.

they wound up renting a 165 ton hydraulic crane and hitching up to it. brought in a couple more trac hoes to dig out and release the suction on it so they could pick it up. we honked and waved each time we drove by them. they repeated the whole thing a couple weeks later and a couple hills down the road.

Valley Mick

wi woodcutter,   you pulled a Cat 385 out with a D6 Dozer? It takes three float moves to move our 385. Nice picture, Recently saw an operator bog a Rented 330 in a slurry pond in decmber at minus 25 C.  He went in to the excavation on the previos in tracks and did not see that the guy before drove in, swung around and dug a 12 foot deep tranch.  Then he filled it with granite slime out of a settling pond and cuntinued on.  Let me tell you the last thing you want to do is drive in, cause he could not swing the car body to pull himself out. Tried a 980 cat loader with tire chains on it and 17 tonnes in the bucket.  Would not budge. Had to get an old D8 with a winch on it, and tie the d8 to the loader.  Worst part was washing frozen mud off. Before Rental Went Back.
Why do you always realize it was a bad idea after sometin's BUSTED !

isawlogs

Cool
Nice pics , Its always a big hassle to get machinerie out and running once stuck , here in the next pics we avoided it by mobilizing a wack of help .

First we got this guy to hook the front , I dont recall the size , but it was a good size grader

Then we got the JD644 to get a hold of his dozer blade (14 footer ) and git behind to push

I was up front putting a pile of sand down for traction in the old paystar 5000

Had a 29* angle climb and this was the first to come out loaded . We pulled and pushed that morning , once the road got nice and hard , the loader was able to push the trucks up .  All went well that day  ;)

Off to the sorting/cutting yard .  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

des170stihl

Those are some great photos,, I,m new here and as soon as I learn how to run this thing I,ll post some of our stuck photos.
STIHL MS170* STIHL MS260 Pro* STIHL MS 230* ECHO CS 341* Husky 339 XP * Wallenstein 20 Ton Splitter* Massey Ferguson 1528 w/Grapple ( Skidder Wanna Be ).

wi woodcutter

Quote from: Valley Mick on January 06, 2010, 09:30:03 PM
wi woodcutter,   you pulled a Cat 385 out with a D6 Dozer? It takes three float moves to move our 385.

Yes, we have pulled our 385's out with a D6. Just stop before you get 'em down too far. Then all you have to do is push a little mud out of the front, hook a cable up and suck them out. We usually move our 385's in two trailers. The stick, bucket and counter weight on a trailer and the main machine on another.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Thank You Sponsors!