iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Years Eve Festivities

Started by Norm, December 31, 2009, 12:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

I spent the evening with my family at a church bonfire and dedication. Live music was great.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Bibbyman

Yep.  Slept right through it in the Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific Time zones.  If I hurry and get back to bed,  I can sleep right through New Year in Hawaii too.

May 2010 be a better year.  Happy New Year!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

BcWoodWorks

I rigged an Oxy-setaline (SP?) bomb off with the land-lord. Also lit of some bottle rockets.

Oh, I guess the 2 bottles of "Sparkling wine" and 5 cans of Budweiser count....

:D :D Happy New Year everyone.
Alec - Woodworking rookie, and Private in the United States Army.

"Safety first, impressions last. Remember it." -Swampdonkey

customsawyer

Happy New Year to all!  I was in bed just after 9pm and am now fixen to head to the mill.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Happy new year to my FF friends, those that I have met and those that I hope some day I will.

8)  dancing in the new year!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Cedarman

Watched a movie on the back of my eyelids that started about 10 last night.  Snuggled in bed until 8 this morning.  Heading out to see 3D Avatar late morning and then to a New Years Day Party for us old folks at 3. 

Graded the parking lot yesterday and have a 1/2 acre of frozen concrete to sort logs on tomorrow.  This year is looking great.  We had a great last year too.

Happy New Year to All.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

Didn't accomplish much yesterday and intend to do even less today.....or tomorrow.   ;D

Next week will be busy, so why mess up a weekend ??? 

Happy New Year..... smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Quote from: Carpenter on January 01, 2010, 01:26:50 AM
  I wanted to name the baby after the mill, but my wife just gave me a dirty look.  So, he got named Mathew. 

I've gotta know what type of mill you've got.   :D

Cowboy Bob and I have a New Year's Tradition of watching Lonesome Dove.  I was sound asleep before they crossed the River. 
Say when

fstedy

Dinner out with friends then back home to watch a movie. Watched the Ball drop ( those people are nuts some waited from 3am the previous morning ). Happy, Healthy & Prosperous New Year to all.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

IMERC

Quote from: Norm on December 31, 2009, 12:26:54 PM

My quick answer was ohhh I'll be in bed by 9 just like most nights.  :D

you stayed up late....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

DanG

'Twas just a normal evening around here.  We usually get together with some folks for a bonfire or something, but Linda has a cold and didn't want to get out.  I sat at the Dodge wheel with no fire in it, enjoying the last warm evening for a while, just drankin' and thankin'.  Came in and got on the Forum, where I stayed.  I noticed that it was 12:01, so I turned to Linda and said, "Happy New Year."  She mumbled something that may or may not have been a response in kind, and toddled off to bed. ::) :D  I sat here until almost 2am, playing solitaire and waiting for somebody to say something. ::)  Real exciting, eh? :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

We were sound asleep. Phone rang on and on. I ignored it. After the fourth round, I got up and answered it. It was Reina's DIL. She about demanded to talk with Reina, so, I dug her out from under the covers. She went out, unplugged the phone, and crawled back under the covers.  :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

I laughed for 20 minutes  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Must have been 500 kilos of fire crackers set off around here.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bibbyman

I just know Mary wanted to "go someplace" today.  This morning I asked her if she wanted to go out to breakfast or later for lunch. (I figured we were about due for a big grocery shopping trip.)  She said she was in the mood for steak so I figured she wanted to go out later in the morning, do her shopping and then we'd hit some café for lunch.  I dressed accordingly.

It was well after 9:00 and she was still dressed in her in-house comfort cloths.  She asked me repeatedly what I had in mind – where were we going.  I figured she had it all planned out but she said she really didn't.  You know, just playing the guessing game until I come up with where she really wanted to go in the first place.

About 10:00 she dressed in her going to town cloths and I put my boots on.  About ready.  Then she says, "Let's just stay home.  I don't think anything's open today anyway."  Ok...  Sure messed away a morning not decided or doing anything.  

I told her to get out a puzzle.  I changed into my around the mill clothes.  She changed into her home cloths. We got started on the puzzle.  This is a puzzle I can figure out.  Women, never.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Quote from: Bibbyman on January 01, 2010, 12:14:20 PM
This is a puzzle I can figure out.  Women, never.   

:D :D :D Happy New Year to you too...... :D :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

out to dinner and the early movie with my wife.  Watched the ball drop in NY (11PM local) and went to bed.   Last night was actually a blue moon.  Second full moon in the same month
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Norm

Quote from: IMERC on January 01, 2010, 11:52:09 AM
Quote from: Norm on December 31, 2009, 12:26:54 PM

My quick answer was ohhh I'll be in bed by 9 just like most nights.  :D

you stayed up late....

I'd hate to admit what time I usually go to bed this time of year. Winter really turns me into a bear....if you don't believe me just ask Patty and the boys. :D

Patty

We had a very nice New Years Eve actually, since Iowa State won the game over Minnesota.  8) I was astonished that I was able to stay awake through the whole game, even if it did start at 5:00 !

Drinkin' beer & eatin' popcorn & watchin' my team win with the hubby by my side.....doesn't get any better than that!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Larry

Visiting with family and much eating...couldn't quite make it til 9pm.

Our neighbor is a pyrotechnical fanatic...and I enjoy his aerial displays...when I can stay awake.  They shake the house.  Bout midnight he started in...the dogs barking sorta half way woke me, but Kathy yelling at the dogs got me right up.  Unfortunately the show was over and I went back to bed...couldn't get back to sleep and overslept till 6am.

May the new year bring all happiness and prosperity.  Happy new year.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Tom

Overslept till 6am!?!?  Sheesh!  You must lead a crowded life. I never considered it oversleeping until at least 9am, or maybe missing an appointment.  :D

DanG

Tom, maybe you need to merge this with Jim King's "Boring" thread. ::) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

D Hagens

Wow! :) What's with the sleeping here? I for many years would go 7 or 8 days in a row without any sleep, functioned normally. Dr told me I was nuts and put me on sleeping pills. 8) Now bedtime is around 3am and up at 6am. 8)
I read a few posts where you guys say that you're in bed by 9pm. Is that true and if so why so early. ::)

BTW we did jack last night.....me thinks we're (wife) is getting old. :D

Patty

I go to bed early because I am so tired. 

My day job gets me up early. After working all day  pc_smiley, I come home to chores, and getting a fire going in the fireplace. (hubby does dinner  ;) ) My days off are filled with chopping firewood smiley_chop, farming, running the heavy equipment, and general screwing around on the farm. Others would call this screwing around more work than they've done in a year.

I feel badly for those who can't sleep. I can fall asleep drinking a cup of strong coffee.   smiley_sleeping   For this I am very grateful.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

DanG

I sleep just fine Patty, just at different hours than some. ;)  I've been a nightowl all my life.  When I was a kid, I was sent to bed at 9, and would lay awake for hours before sleeping.  Nowadays, if I get tired and fall asleep in the chair at 10, I'll wake up in an hour or so and be up half the night.  If I go to sleep at 2, I'll be up by 8 and feeling fine.  Most people get their energy in the mornings, but I do much better in the afternoons.  The time of day I feel strongest and most energetic is from about 2pm to 8pm.  Thats a bummer this time of year, cause I run out of daylight so early, but in the summer I'll be hard at it until 8:30 or 9.

Thank You Sponsors!