iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Regenerative Hydraulic Circuit Question

Started by GF, December 29, 2009, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

Has anyone built a regenerative hydraulic circuit to speed the process on a hydraulic ram extending until under load?  Curious as to what is required to accomplish this.

Thanks
Gary

Brucer

If you want to do it manually, you need a T, a 3-way valve, and 3 extra pieces of hose. I just posted about it somewhere recently ... DanG, where was that anyway?

I haven't figured out a quick and simple way to have it shift manually from fast mode to power mode, but it's probably do-able.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

jamesamd

A simple circuit for speeding up the return stroke of a log splitter is to add a spring loaded check valve.Rated for 3000# with a 1 to 1 poppet ratio (equal surface area on both sides of the valve).
Spring pressure about 65# to 125#

I would need a lot more info on what You are trying to accomplish,to give a better answer to Your question.

GPM of pump
type of pump (gear/piston)
PSI needed to extend with no external load
cylinder and rod diameter +stroke length
and is the return filter a tin screw on or a 3000# HP rated or no filter at all.

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

GF

Jim,
   The cylinder is a 5 X 24 with a 2 1/2" rod.  I do not currently have a pump, I am in the process of building a firewood processor (thread in the drying and processing board).

The cylinder has only 1/2" ports, when I purchased it they said it had 3/4" ports but is only had 1/2".  Thinking about having it modified with 1" ports.
I am trying to get the cycle speed at quick as possible.  I am looking at a 25GPM single stage pump.  Currently I do not have a return filter, still in the design phase. 

Gary

Thank You Sponsors!