iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We were cleaning up from Isabel

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, September 29, 2003, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

We spent the weekend in West Virginia clearing the logging road that leads to our cabin. It's a little over a mile long and we kept hitting tangles like this:

I brought home 3 trailer loads of logs, this load was Black Walnut and White Oak.

And of course the Rattler from the previous post.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Kevin

Weekend;
How did you handle those logs?

Weekend_Sawyer

Hey Kevin, I'm just getting back to this post, sorry about the wait.

I have a New Holland LX885 Skid Steer with a set of forks on it. Works real well. I am going to get a Grapple from Northern soon and that will make it a very nice Weekend sawing setup. We took 2 flatbed trailers up on saturday, one with the skid steer on it. brought back a load of logs each saturday evening. Went back up Sunday and brought down one trailer of logs one with the skid steer and large grins all around.
 My brothers Karl and Chris went up with us and we met a couple of old mountain men up there that have been friends of the famly since before my time.

I have hauled logs from the old WV logging trails before by dragging them down near the road and rolling them up planks onto the trailer. It just wasn't safe with a 20" or bigger log though.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Tobacco Plug

:)Every cloud has it's silver lining, doesn't it.  Still, I would prefer not to have a hurricane do my harvest selection!  Nice logs you got.
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

Kevin

QuoteI have a New Holland LX885 Skid Steer with a set of forks on it.

That's disgusting!   :D

Thank You Sponsors!