iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

He's now taking orders for the next holiday.

Started by Jeff, December 26, 2009, 07:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Burlkraft that is. Many of you may not know this, cause he has tried to keep it within a small circle of friends, but besides being pretty fair on the lathe, he is really good at cross stitch and outstanding with a crochet hook. This year for Christmas he made all of these for me. A finger puppet for every finger.  So, if your interested in some unique gifts for next year, get your orders in. Not only does he do the finger puppets, but he stitches up some pretty mean doilies, barbie doll sweaters and GI Joe Flack Jackets as well.   :)

Happy Christmas and Merry New Years Steve. ;) ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BcWoodWorks

:D :D :D

I thought in my old age I'd seen and heard it all...Now I can say I have.

Guess he knew better than to let me in on that circle.  :D

Nice...uhhhh, hobby Steve.  ;D
Alec - Woodworking rookie, and Private in the United States Army.

"Safety first, impressions last. Remember it." -Swampdonkey

Jeff

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jasperfield

Now that's talent. And they look like they were made by someone who knew what they were doing.

It appears that he's also got a talent for keeping himself busy. That's a true blessing.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pasbuild

Now I know why he lives sooo close to that LIBERAlL town, hey Steve da ya play hockey?
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Jeff

Mooseherder

LeeB

It'll make your fingers warm and fuzzy any way. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Warbird

Quote from: Jeff on December 26, 2009, 07:20:40 PM
Hobby hell. Its a passion.

HAHA!!  LOL LOL  I'm almost in tears and the Mrs is wondering what in the world is wrong with me. 

ScottAR

Hell, I like em!  I can't do too much fiddley work without throwing
things.

Be Proud, you are truly a maker of things not many can claim that one.
although the percentage is higher here than most places.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Jeff

Hmm, Stevie aint weighed in yet. I bet he was up all night working on the rumored new product line. Toe Socks with personality. :)

zopi

They aren't finger puppets...they are for keeping your trigger finger warm when wearing half fingered gloves in the tree stand...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Burlkraft

Go ahead and poke fun...........

I am outraged that you would make fun of someone who was just trying to brighten up your Christmas experience this year    :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

I worked hard on these and to be chastised instead of getting the loving and warm response as expected has been very hurtful  :-\  :-\  :-\

Jill's makin' me some hot chocolate with whipped cream to make me feel better  ;D  ;D  ;D

The dog and the cat loved the sweaters I made for them. Why can't you be as nice as them  ???  ???

I'm going to go watch the DVD series I got this year. Sewing with Nancy  ;D  ;D   :'( :'( :'( :'(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Hey!  Where do you see me poking fun?  I'm proud as heck of em. In fact, because of the need to respond to this, I had to remove my friends and put em back in thier little cardboard home.  It would seem it is obvious that I care deeply for them by not beating them around their little heads from answering this post without doing that first.

Patty

Ha! I knew Steve was in touch with his feminine side  :D       Those tiny puppets are just too cute. I love them! Can't wait to see the toe socks he comes up with next.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Patty on December 27, 2009, 09:55:46 AM
Ha! I knew Steve was in touch with his feminine side  :D       Those tiny puppets are just too cute. I love them! Can't wait to see the toe socks he comes up with next.

You'll be the first to get a pair!  :D  :D  :D

Jeff

I'm planning a youtube puppet show. I hope you are geared up for all the pending orders.

isawlogs

As original as can be , nice , very nice , what I would like to know is what got you into crocheting ... ??? smiley_headscratch
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

scsmith42

It's not often that I am at a loss for words.... but this one of them.

Hmmm......
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jeff

Quote from: isawlogs on December 27, 2009, 11:12:21 AM

As original as can be , nice , very nice , what I would like to know is what got you into crocheting ... ??? smiley_headscratch

The story I heard goes clear back to the 60's when he was playing dress up and found and became enamored with his Mama's poodle skirt. But considering the source of that, I would be very suspect.

Warbird

The Mrs wants to learn how to make some now.  Will you be offering any online classes?  ;D

BcWoodWorks

We wouldn't hassle you if we didn't love ya man.  ;D
Alec - Woodworking rookie, and Private in the United States Army.

"Safety first, impressions last. Remember it." -Swampdonkey

Jeff

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff on December 27, 2009, 04:54:43 PM
Who's hasslin? 

Nobody...This is the way I'm treated all the time   :D  :D  :D

isawlogs

Eh !!!!   Mine was/is a legitimate question , I really do want to know when/why and how you got started  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Reddog

Those are very nice looking Steve. :)

Now can I get the info on the cargo winches. ;D

Jeff

I told ya everything I knew Marcel.

Oh sure Reddog, slip in there and try to get a pat on the head after I try and promote his stuff and all he does is get offended.

Jeff

Quote from: Reddog on December 27, 2009, 05:10:24 PM

Would that be for the GI Joe Or Barbi Jeeps? Crocheted or Macrame?

Burlkraft

Oh Man...I forgot all about them  ::)  ::)

Thanks for remindin' me  ;D  ;D

Dave Shepard

I have funny toes, do you offer custom fittings? Ah, heck, the pup would just run off with'em anyway. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Paul_H

Is steve crocheting some winch cozies for you?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Reddog

As long as they have minimum working load limit of 5000# I don't care how he makes em. :D

zopi

I want one for the clutch knob on my mill... ;D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

nas

Quote from: zopi on December 27, 2009, 07:36:12 PM
I want one for the clutch knob on my mill... ;D
Good call zopi. 8)
I want ones for all the hydraulic levers on my LT40, and on the drum switch levers :) ;) :D

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Texas Ranger

Folks, I think the snow snakes, and snow, have gotten to our yankee friends. :'(
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pigman

Me thinks Tex is in the crochet buisness and doesn't want the new competition. ;) ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

Quote from: pigman on December 27, 2009, 09:24:59 PM
Me thinks Tex is in the crochet buisness and doesn't want the new competition. ;) ;D

I'm betting that yer right.

WH_Conley

Hey Tex, I am south of the Mason-Dixon line, can I get a discount on some toe coverings?
Bill

tonich

QuoteHe's now taking orders for the next holiday.

Does he accept VISA?
:D :D :D

Texas Ranger

With my hands, I am lucky to tie a square knot, much less crochet. But hey, no disrespect to those who do crochet, why, my grandmother used to crochet.  Besides, some of you guys are bigger than Rosie Grear, would hate to see a contingency of yankee's come down like they did in '61.

Come to think about it, if Burlkraft could make them out of kevlar, I'll take a full set.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

I must confess, I used to make granny square hats and blankets and Macrame hanging plant baskets with my younger sister when we were in high school in the late 70's when they were the rage. We could make a hanging basket in an hour, sell them for 15 and have 5 dollars in materials. We split the ten and sold everything we made. 5 bucks and hour for a school kid in the 70's was pretty good. The only kids making more then us were selling a different kind of grass then jute.

Left Coast Chris

You guys have made some major headway here! :) :)

(Im picturing some shadowy figures sitting around in a circle with in a counciling session)

Hey,  if we all perfected our disorders as well as Steve, we would be pretty well off!!

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Warbird

Quote from: Jeff on December 28, 2009, 08:50:23 AM
I must confess...

Well since we're confessin', I ssuppose I should admit that I fully intend to learn to use the new sewing machine that the Mrs got for Christmas.  It is a very nice Husqvarna that I found used from a friend (she upgraded to some ultra fancy Bernina something or other).  The Mrs' will do embroidery and all that stuff but what I want to use it for is making holsters, ammo holders, and sheaths for swords.  And maybe a nice set of curtains for the living room if the Mrs doesn't get crackin' soon.  ;D

nas

Quote from: Warbird on December 28, 2009, 12:56:24 PM
I must confess...

Well since we're confessin', I ssuppose I should admit that I fully intend to learn to use the new sewing machine that the Mrs got for Christmas.  It is a very nice Husqvarna that I found used from a friend (she upgraded to some ultra fancy Bernina something or other).  The Mrs' will do embroidery and all that stuff but what I want to use it for is making holsters, ammo holders, and sheaths for swords.  And maybe a nice set of curtains for the living room if the Mrs doesn't get crackin' soon.  ;D
you could make yourself a nice skirt while your at it laugh_at smiley_gorgeous
sorry couldn't resist ;)
Isn't it funny when the wife's husqvarna is worth four times what I paid for any that I want :o And she want to upgrade >:(

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

isawlogs

Fish', those grins hiding your wimine side too ???  ;D

Marcel

Warbird

Quote from: nas on December 28, 2009, 01:03:49 PM
Quote from: Warbird on December 28, 2009, 12:56:24 PM
I must confess...

you could make yourself a nice skirt while your at it laugh_at smiley_gorgeous

Hey now!  I imagine that sewing machine could be used to sew mouths shut, as well.  ;) LOL ;D

nas

2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Paul_H

My old father in law from my first marriage was a French Canadian from Manitoba,raised on a farm by his dad after his mother passed on.He left the farm young to go hard rock mining all over Canada,living a batchelor's life in camps til he met his bride.
Martin could build anything out of nothing and was a pretty good welder,mechanic gardner etc.One night after dinner at our house,we were sitting at the table sipping coffee and he saw a pile of my work pants that needed mending.Next thing you know,the sewing machine is out on the table and he's showing me how to thread the bobbin,rip the seam,sew the patch and sew the seam back up :)
I never forgot how although it's been awhile since I've done any mending.He's passed on now too but I think of him often.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Norm

I remember myself being taught how to darn socks and patch the knees in bluejeans. We didn't have much money back then but I think it wasn't so much that but that you didn't throw away something just because of a small hole.

Even though it's been awhile I'll bet I can still run a thimble with the best of them. ;D

isawlogs

Uh , Norm , I remember something about letting Patty do the ironing afterwards  ;D

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!