iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What to do with it...

Started by EmannVB, December 26, 2009, 04:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmannVB

New Husqvarna 350, maybe 20 hours on it... then a 20" Poplar on it. :(

I thought I might be able to order parts to rebuild it, but the handle is integral to the entire body of the saw.  Soooo, although the saw still runs, the trigger and handle are crushed.  Anyone have any ideas to get some utility from the carcass? 
2006 TK B20, 2005 JD TLB 110, 2007 JD 4520, Stihl MS 390, Husqy 350, 1970 Homelite C72, Husky 22 ton splitter, Kawasaki Brute Force 750, and a King Ranch F350 to haul it all!

stonebroke

You might be able to get the parts you need cheap on EBAY or you might not. Worth a try.

Stonebroke

stonebroke

There is a parts saw on ebay for 27 dollars

Stonebroke

cb6048

I sympathize with you I did the exact same thing to my brand new 576xp. Second tank of fuel, tackle a big oak with a questionable lean, one big gust of wind.....boom my brand new $800 saw is destroyed. I thanked god no one was hurt and sold it on ebay for $150 then bought another 576xp ::) what can I say my fault.
when hell freezes over I'll snowmobile there too

EmannVB

CB,

That's exactly what happened to mine.  Tree had a slight lean, with a lop-sided crown.  I thought I could notch it sufficiently enough to fall in the direction I wanted... then came the wind!  The blade got pinched in the back cut, so all i could do was watch.

StoneBroke- Thanks for the tip, I'll check out Ebay.

~Mark
2006 TK B20, 2005 JD TLB 110, 2007 JD 4520, Stihl MS 390, Husqy 350, 1970 Homelite C72, Husky 22 ton splitter, Kawasaki Brute Force 750, and a King Ranch F350 to haul it all!

Kevin

http://store.chainsawr.com/

ebay doesn't support the forum.
Try chainsawr first, you'll probably get better help.

Al_Smith

That link is to Scott who usually has parts for sale cheaper than Flea-Bay . The inventory changes periodically so you have to check it often or send him an e-mail .

As far as scrunching a saw,just toss the pieces in a box and put it on the shelf .Sooner or later the parts will arise from some place if you wait long enough .

Example ,I bought an 038 Av with a busted handle and tank from a dealer for 45 bucks .Did a quick and dirty to fix it and used it three-four years .Later found a handle  for next to nothing .Souped up the saw and not only does it look good but cuts like one 20 years newer .So it can be done if one perserveres . About 125 bucks including bar,saw,handle .

Thank You Sponsors!