iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Delaware River

Started by Jasperfield, December 25, 2009, 09:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasperfield

I was wondering if any of you fellows, up around Trenton, have this Christmas night seen a small group of frozen men crossing the Delaware looking for "Hessians"?

Gary_C

There would be a good chance of seeing them if you went over to Washington Crossing, PA, but you are a little late. I think it was done this afternoon. Doubt they could find anyone today to cross that rock infested river at night on Christmas Night. And I doubt that anyone really wants to sneak into Trenton at night either.   ::)

The Annual Christmas Crossing Reenactment

Also, another page that shows the painting of the crossing with a bit of the history of that night.

What's wrong with this painting?

Thanks for the reminder Jasperfield. In this day and age we forget some of the struggles and hardships that our founders went thru to create this great country. Both Washington Crossing and nearby Valley Forge are great places to visit and see where the Continential Army spent some very hard times thru the winter.

There was a story that Washington was not paid anything as the commander of the Army, the country just paid his expenses. Then when he was elected the first President, the subject of pay came up and Washington again offered to just take his expenses as pay. But the founding fathers said "no, this young country cannot afford any more of your DanG expense accounts!"  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!