iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your favorite 2009 photo: tree, trees or forest

Started by mdvaden, December 23, 2009, 04:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdvaden

Here at the end of the year, how about a look at your favorite photo from 2009. 

This is my co-favorite image of this past year.

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-79063

sprucebunny

Hard to decide  ;)

Here's some branches along the Mississippi River in North/Central Minnesota.

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

T Red

Those are great.  I can't follow that act with my pictures.

Tim

Dakota

Dave Rinker

DanG

My favorite fishin' hole, and NO I ain't tellin' ya where it is. ;D

But I'll take ya there if ya want. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

submarinesailor

Dan,

That looks like a place I use to fish on the upper end of the Big Satilla River in Georgia back in the middle 80's.

Bruce

Stephen1

Quote from: DanG on December 24, 2009, 12:33:49 PM
My favorite fishin' hole, and NO I ain't tellin' ya where it is. ;D

But I'll take ya there if ya want. ;)

now that is an offer that might have to acted on.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

isawlogs

Is there anything else in up in them trees one need to be looking out for ???   It is a nice place ta fissh , whats one to catch if he does go fishin' there  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

Well, you should try not to get directly under the eagles. :o :D :D

There are Bass, Crappie, Catfish, and all sorts of Sunfish...Bream we call'em down here.  Oh yeah, there's a whole bunch of big ol' 'gators in there too, but they don't bother ya. ;)

I did little piece on that place a few months ago down in the outdoor section.  More pics there.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

I'm thinking maybe in two summers , I have a date for this coming summer , so gas allowance is going there . But ...  Next after that , might be to go down way down further then the last time I tried . That should give you time to get that pondtoon afloat  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

That would be fantastic Marcel! 8) 8) 8)  We'd have to use the little boat though, as the pontoon won't fit through some places.

LeeB

Got room for three in that boat? Ya'll are two of the folks I would truly like to meet.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DanG

It's a two man rig Lee, but I can lay my hands on another one.  Also got plenty of places for the pontoon, and it is licensed for 16.  Y'all need to be aware that you might be exposed to such riff-raff as Tom, Woodbowl, Fishpharmer, Slabs, WDH, Brdmkr, Ellmoe, and Customsawyer if ya come down here.  Hope I didn't scare ya off. ::)

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DanG

isawlogs

Good , then after I get on it there is still technicaly for 14 1/2 more . 
Dan , Ya wont catch me there in the heat .. so we have lots of time to plan this , when is the best time to avoid heat .... And it cant be be october or november or december or any that have snow here, only leaves a very narrow window  ::)  :D
whats the september weather like ???  I dont need to be putting a line in da water , can put the boat in for a ride or two ...  :)

Lee , right back at ya .  ;)

Marcel

DanG

September is hotter than a...ahh...eerrr...well, it's HOT!  October ain't bad at all, and the Moultrie show is that month.  If you got all your stuff swept up into one pile before you came down, would you be OK to get home by Oct 20 or so?
What about Spring?  When do you get away from snow duty?  April and May are great down here, and even June ain't too bad.

isawlogs

May is cool , ya right !!!!! I was down ther e in amy , the end of May one time and the thermometer ahd hit 100 jsut about the time I crossed into Georgia , thats about the time I did a U turn and came back north ... to South Carolina , hit the beach there and sar fur a week .
  But to answer , snow duty is on till April , after that I can git going . I would miss the flooding ,  ::)

So I would need to let part of a hunting season go by to head out that way in the fall ... gonna do some cogitating and git back to you on that . 

Marcel

DanG

Anytime in April and the first half of May is perfect.  That's about as good as it gets.  The earlier in that time frame, the better for you I would think.  The fishing is really good then too.

Stephen1

Quote from: DanG on December 24, 2009, 07:09:55 PM
It's a two man rig Lee, but I can lay my hands on another one.  Also got plenty of places for the pontoon, and it is licensed for 16.  Y'all need to be aware that you might be exposed to such riff-raff as Tom, Woodbowl, Fishpharmer, Slabs, WDH, Brdmkr, Ellmoe, and Customsawyer if ya come down here.  Hope I didn't scare ya off. ::)
You better put my name in there, and dig out the pontoon boat!!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

ARKANSAWYER

This is  not my favorite tree photo but one I will not soon forget.

LeeB we could take my boat down and follow him in there and GPS that hole.
ARKANSAWYER

pigman

Arky, I have been trying real hard to forget Jan 09 and you go and post a picture like that. :( ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

LeeB

Arky, that picture is mighty pretty but I'll have to agree with Bob.

The boat idea sounds good though.  :D

isawlogs

You guys getting that old that you need a GPS to remember for ya wheres yous been ???    ::)    ;D

Marcel

LeeB

Thank You Sponsors!