iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by lhgolfer2000, December 21, 2009, 12:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lhgolfer2000

Hello all

Well I finally decided to join the forum instead of just being a spectator. It's amazing the knowledge and experience shared on this forum. I want to thank you all for your willingness to share. Being a newbie, one day I hope to be able to pass the torch of knowledge, so to speak, as many of you already have. I'm hoping withing the next year or so I will be in position to make the sawmill plunge. So again, I just wanted say hello and say thanks for all you share.

iffy

Welcome aboard! There is a wealth of knowledge here and a lot of really good down home folks. 8)

old joe

Except for a few OOOLD timers, we're all newbies!! welcome, pull up stump and sit awhile

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

woodmills1

once you get a mill you will be surprised how often you feel lika newbie,  So jump right in then
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

TJB

TJ Brown
www.tjswoodshop.com

sdunston

Welcome to the FF, I feel old but am still a newbe
                            Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Carpenter

What type of mill are you considering?

Don K

Welcome to the greatest forum on the web. There are a lot of knowledgeable people in a wide variety of topics here. One of the friendliest places you can hang out.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Magicman

A big welcome to FF.  This is the right place, to ask the right questions, and get the........right?  answers...... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jdtuttle

Welcome IHgolfer. I love golf too 8) So fair warning, sawing can be as, or more addictive than the game of golf so be careful ;D
jim
Have a great day

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum!

This is a great place with lots of good info/help!

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lhgolfer2000

Thank you all for the warm welcoming. Carpenter, I helped a friend use a manual Lumbermate2000 in the past. So I will lean towards a manual mill when the time comes. I'm interested to see the price of their new mills. They look pretty slick. Like I said though, right now the timing just isn't feasible to make the plunge. Good things come to those who wait. Guess I'll have to put that saying to the test. Merry X-mas and a happy new year to all.

Ole CB

As anuther newbie I'll say welcome..  The people in FF are really great..  They didn't even make fun of my toy mill..  just my tractor housing.. It really is a Great Place to hang yer hat!

ed

Haytrader

I am not sure if I qualify as one of the old timers but I have been here awhile.

Welcome golfer. Don't be thinking that a manual mill is somehow not good enough. Heck I am on my thierd mill and all have been manual. They will saw a lot of wood and as with any mill, the more support equipment one has the better.

Merry Christmas to you as well.
Merry Christmas to all ya'all!
Haytrader

Carpenter

I hope you do get your mill when the time comes.  Theres nothing wrong with a manual mill and they cost a lot less than an automatic.  As an added bonus there's less to go wrong with a manual. 

fishpharmer

Welcome Golfer, you have found the BEST place on the web for sawmill information.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

ihgolfer,welcome to the forum.I have a manual mill,but it's for my own personal use.Do you have trees on your land? What's the lumber going to to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lhgolfer2000

Quote from: thecfarm on December 23, 2009, 08:08:42 AM
ihgolfer,welcome to the forum.I have a manual mill,but it's for my own personal use.Do you have trees on your land? What's the lumber going to to be used for?

Sorry for the delayed response.

My father-in-law has a small parcel. There's some beautiful Cherry trees that stare at me everytime I walk by them. I swear I hear them saying," make me into a piece of furniture".

motohed

Welcome to the Forestry Forum .
Best Reqards Scott

bandmiller2

Welcome Golfer,tell us about yourself ,where are you located??If you can find a forestry show in your area its the best way to decide on the type of mill,most are good its just some are better.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!