iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone planning a spring barn raising.

Started by Thackery, December 19, 2009, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thackery

Thought I would throw the question out now.
I would like to attend and participate in a barn raising somewhere in the midwest.

Anyone know of one.

Thanks,   Thackery

wolfram

I did a quick google search on:   timber frame raising 2010 ohio (since you are in OH)

and got a bunch of hits.  For example, a place called hearthstonehomes.com has a couple events in Kentucky coming up.  I don't know about them or what they do.  Just a thought.

Jasperfield

Hearthstone is about half way between Asheville and Knoxville. It's a fairly large company (or was) that fabricates mostly sawed-log houses.

Their timber frames are cut with a Hundegger machine.

bzsawyer

Have you checked the Timber Framers Guild website? They have a couple events planed for this spring. TFG.org
Frick Timber Tiger TD36, 4 headblock, 56' of track. 56'' F style saw with 30'' top saw gives me 30'' of cut. Sawmill Systems setworks. Frick chain type log turner. Frick 641 3 saw edger, HMC ET10 trim saw, Morbark 48'' 3 knife chipper plus all the support equipment

Rooster

We will be raising a 1897 timber-frame barn west of Janesville Wi (South central) in about a month.  We haven't picked a date yet, but I am lobbying for a Saturday in April.  I will post a new thread when I know more.

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

submarinesailor

Rooster,

Let me know about your barn raising.  Hopefully I can try to make it.  BTW - Next week end (if things go as planned) I will be at Gregg Mullins place in Lexington, Va working on the annual VMI/Guild project.

Bruce

Rooster

It's offical...

We will be re-raising a 1897 four bay barn frame, on Sat. May 8th.

Where:  2821 Polzin Rd. Janesville WI (South-central WI, just off of I-90/I-39)
(Take Hwy 14 West out of Janesville about 5 miles, and turn south onto Polzin Rd., 1/2 mile on the right/west)

When: Sat. May 8th starting at 8:30 am

"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Thank You Sponsors!