iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Started by DR Buck, December 18, 2009, 04:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasperfield

Snow accumulation here on the NC TN line is 18"-20". And it has just began to fall again.

The last snow of last year was 14". This recent snow is going to be here for a good while.

Ironmower

Just measured here, 25" and still coming down. I heard maybe another foot Wednesday?? This is more snow than we had in the last three years, all together!!
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

beenthere

Just finished fabricating my wing plow today (long hiatus waiting for buddy to find time). Some pics before the test flight tonight. It went well, and no bugs showed up and nothing broke.
So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.  8)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gary_C

Quote from: beenthere on December 19, 2009, 10:24:46 PM

Do your neighbors know what you are praying for?  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

WDH

Quote from: beenthere on December 19, 2009, 10:24:46 PM

I will pass and leave it to you frozen Northern types  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_van

We got an inch! And, it's OVER!  I'm so happy I could go roll in it. For one of the few times, the NW corner of CT got the least -  8)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

SwampDonkey

Trace here. Like maybe 100 snow flakes. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

I don't see a single picture of all this snow so it must not have happend.

Now we got snow!  Friday there must have came an inch.  And most of it is still on the ground.

Here is Brooke's snowman she made Friday afternoon after much labor to get together enough snow.  It's about a foot tall and now starting to lean a little.  You got to really want a snowman to work this hard for just a small one.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

moonhill

Nice wing.  I can't quite make out how it is attached at the front end?  I need to fabricate one on the back of my truck.  But the tractor may be easier.  And then again I would have to switch it out to attach the blower.  Why can't I have one tool to do everything?  Like saw wood and plow snow then go to town in, it is so frustrating.   

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

isawlogs

Nice , how do you raise the back end , and a pic of the how all that works ..  :P :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

Marcelle
I put some additional pics in my gallery, and also added some more in this thread.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,35005.msg588655.html#msg588655
See message #62.

Tonight I had to bring it inside and paint it. The small bit of playing in the snow last night, and by noon today the rust gremlins were hard at work, and working fast. :o :o
Maybe tomorrow I can get some pics in the daylight actually moving some snow.

I raise it by wrapping a chain around the back push bar and over the 3 ph lift arm. So the blade goes up when I raise the 3 ph. The front is held on be a 2" ball and trailer hitch hanging off a post that supports the loader (which is off when the snow plow is on).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Coon

I think ya best answer all of our questions in a video clip....... ;D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

DR Buck

I spent 7 hours on the tractor digging out the driveway and a path out to feed the cows.   Average snow depth was 30".   Drifts were 4 to 5 feet deep along the drive.

QuoteI don't see a single picture of all this snow so it must not have happend.

Here is the view out my back door.  Snow was piled up agains door.   Note the garage in the background.  Those 5 foot piles in front of the doors came off the roof.   So much for parking inside.  :D

Here's my sons Vett.   It's the lump under the tarp and snow.

This is the door to my woodworking shop.   That snow came down while I was clearing the drive in front of the shop.

Here's a shot of the front yard.

I'll try and get some tomorrow of the mountains of snow I built clearing the driveway.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

Wow, I'm glad I live in Michigan where the winter is not as bad as Virginia!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

Snow is a 4 letter word right? How come it doesn't get blocked?  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

IMERC

Quote from: Jeff on December 18, 2009, 10:59:43 PM

and it aint even winter yet.

I see that...
been very nice... almost spring time...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff on December 21, 2009, 12:23:22 AM
Wow, I'm glad I live in Michigan where the winter is not as bad as Virginia!

:D :D them poor babies eh Jeff? :D :D

Quote from: DR_Buck on December 20, 2009, 11:11:36 PM
Here is the view out my back door.  Snow was piled up agains door.   Note the garage in the background.  Those 5 foot piles in front of the doors came off the roof.   So much for parking inside.  :D

You can tell he ain't used to snow eh Jeff? Putting garage doors under the down slope of a roof.

ban_smiley

Sorry, but I gotta enjoy myself somehow taking pitty on you southern boys. :D

Looks like rain mixed with snow coming here, no big amount.  Sunny on Thursday and Friday, snow Saturday. Doesn't look too bad for Christmas for us. But Saturday is a way off, that storm could get here soon on Christmas. ;D

thecfarm

About 2 hours from here they got 5".For once we did not get a flake.Usually it's the other way around or we get an inch.Still have many storms to face.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

motohed

Well it's Monday morning 12/12/09 . We ended up with about 18 to 20 inches of the white stuff . We (my son ) have dug out ,it will make slow going in the woods for logging . Everyone that is working out there ,please take the extra time to be safe .                                 

WDH

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 21, 2009, 06:05:52 AM
Sorry, but I gotta enjoy myself somehow taking pitty on you southern boys. :D

I don't want you to pitty on me  :).  I heard that if you pitty outside the door in the snow, and later need to melt snow for water..........oh well   :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Qweaver

This has been a pretty snow.  The trees are just loaded.  But the roads are a mess.  It looks good from my view inside the house and Sarah has been running the roads in the jeep.  She had to search for an open church yesterday.
Quinton

So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

moonhill

We got whacked bad, I just got back in from plowing 3" of the white stuff.  I thought I was wasting my time, really, but there was a few drifts that needed attention. 

I had used the plow for the first time a week ago and it worked fine.  This time it was frozen somewhere in the hydraulic system, moisture probably, I had to put the jim dandy heater to it and it worked fine.  Now I need to drain out and replace the fluid. 

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Jeff on December 21, 2009, 12:23:22 AM
Wow, I'm glad I live in Southern Michigan where the winter is not as bad as Virginia!

Corrected that for ya,  :D

For once it hasn't snowed huge accumulations UP here in a few days, weird.

DouginUtah

???

Quote from: motohed on December 21, 2009, 07:52:06 AM
Well it's Monday morning 12/12/09 .

Shades of Groundhog Day. Don't tell me i have to live through my wife's birthday (12/12) and my daughter's wedding day (12/18) again.

:D  :D  :D

-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Thank You Sponsors!