iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 350 and 359 starting problems

Started by arbormike, December 15, 2009, 04:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arbormike

I have a 350 and a 359 with starting problems.  These saws run fine once started, but I have to pull the starter cable vigorously a dozen times to get them going.  Symptoms of note are:
1. They will not choke, even when cold.  I can't get them to turn over at all while choked.
2. When I do get them running they will run fine, and most of the time will idle fine.  But if I turn them off I have the same problems starting them (i.e. they won't start easy when warm.)

It not a dirty air cleaner.

When I remove the plug on the 350 the cylinder looks dirty, but I don't know if that would cause this.
Carb issues?  Help!
Thanks
Mike

thumper

is your fuel quality good? i know i fought with my lawnmowers and four wheelers all summer to get them running on the poor fuel were getting. im told our fuel stays good only 2 weeks!  :D and you should see what aluminum carb parts look like after 2 weeks with no stabilizer..
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

arbormike

I use two 346's, a 395, and a stihl saw with the same fuel with no issues (yet?)...  Someone else mentioned this issue of ethanol in the fuel gumming things up.  Hopefully it is that simple! ;D

nmurph

there are known issues with the walbro carbs on the 359. there is also a SB for the intake partition on both of those saws.

timberjack240

yea ethanol isue is simple. it eats the carb gaskets and then you rebiuld it been there  ;D my 359 starts easy enough but you gotta fight to get it goin its terrible cold blooded dealer says there s a bad gasket suprise suprise but he can fix it but when warm mine starts first pull and and idles great id hate to say exactly what it is w yours.. i cant keep up w all this.. if husky soon dont pick a saw and stick w it im gonna become a sthil man  :-X

sd locke

just a guess here ok try not to start them with choke and have the throttle wide open if they are flooded out .then check to see if your gas cap is venting if not it will build pressure in the tank and gas will seap through the carb and into the cyl causing a flooding problem

Thank You Sponsors!