iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where are you located?????????

Started by Chuck White, December 10, 2009, 08:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Just curious!
I see posts on here where the "poster" has no visible location posted and yet someone will respond to his post and mention the posters location.

If someone has no location posted, how do you know where he/she is located?

It would just make it easier if people had at least a State listed!  I know it's a matter of choice!  Some people don't want to be located!

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

You should not believe they are where they say they are until you've gotten to know them.  For all you know, I could be a 450 pound white female living in a trailer in a swamp in AL, who just says she lives in AK and is male.

Jeff knows better, though.  He knows I only weigh 165 pounds.  ;D

jim king

How did you get your trailer out in the swamp ¿?¿?

isawlogs

It was built on site Jim .  ;D

Now why would I want to put down any State as a reference to where I live ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

jim king

All I can come up with is a territory, no state yet here.  Glad to understand about that trailer.

Tom

It has been asked a multitude of times (that's Bible talk) for members to fill out the profile.  It does help when answering questions and makes socializing easier. But, some folks are afraid of the Internet and the 450 pound women living in trailers in our swamps.  ;D  

It's frequent that questions are asked on Forestry sites like, "I have this tree in my front yard with long, little leaves that are turning brown.  Is it dying?  What kind is it and what should I do to save it?"

Or, "I can't get my sawmill to cut straight,  how do I fix it?"

Or, "What specie of tree should I plant as a windbreak?"

Getting information to carry on a decent conversation is, many times, like pulling hens teeth.  

I can understand the intimidation of the Internet a little bit, but it puzzles me when those same people post, "I have a car for sale too. you can contact me at 555-5555 or email me at duh@thisisstupidtoo.med"

IMERC

Quote from: Tom on December 10, 2009, 12:15:38 PM

I can understand the intimidation of the Internet a little bit, but it puzzles me when those same people post, "I have a car for sale too. you can contact me at 555-5555 or email me at duh@thisisstupidtoo.med"

email on the way...
that's some website...

BTW... who's Frued and cronies Inc.????
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Ernie

I had a friend in Toronto about 50 years ago who had the phone number 555-5555. We used to do up old cars and sell them from his number.  A very easy number to remember.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Hi-Country Orange

I was curious if a permit was obtained for this  trailer that
  was built on site, or should it be considered a outlaw trailer  :D  :)

isawlogs

It being a trailer it can be moved , so no permit required .  :P   ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Stan snider

If the way to adjust your profile was a little less obscure it probably would be more up to date. I saw that spot once but have never found it again and am probably not the only one. Aim me at it if it isn't completely lost. :-[

Paul_H

Click on your profile and look to the left under "modify profile" and click on "forum profile information" and fill in the appropriate form.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Mooseherder

While your at it, can you tell us how old you are? :D

fishpharmer

Quote from: Paul_H on December 10, 2009, 09:54:42 PM
Click on your profile and look to the left under "modify profile" and click on "forum profile information" and fill in the appropriate form.

there is a profile button in the center of the top of the page.  its between "search" and "calender".

Or you can click on your user name in the top left of your post.  Once the profile page is open there is a list on the left like Paul H just said.  Hope that helps.

I am still trying to figure out how to put a little picture of my sawmill under my user name.  Help? 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Meadows Miller

Gday

Im not 400lbs  :o im  about 180  ;) and im still a Bloke the last time I looked  ;)   ;D :D :D and i dont live anywhere near a swmp there aint that much water around these parts fellas ;) :D :D :D :D :D

Ive been verified  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) Ive had one visitor from the forum Sparky all the way from Mi  ;D 8) 8) 8) one day wasnt enough tho Mate  :(  ;) ;D

Ill second James (Fish's)  ;) :D) question as i wouldnt mind doing it myself also Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Warbird

Click on the "profile" button
Quote from: fishpharmer on December 10, 2009, 10:04:18 PM
I am still trying to figure out how to put a little picture of my sawmill under my user name.  Help? 

Click on the aforementioned "Profile" button near the top of the page.  Then click on "Forum Profile Information" in the left box.  Right there at the top of the the page are the options for loading a profile picture.

Jeff

These might help find the profile button.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jim king

Fishpharmer:

That little picture under your name has me confused also.  Worse yet all the 8 to 10 year olds that understand this kind of problem here only work in Spanish.

DanG

First, ya gotta have a little bitty picture.  I just checked Mooseherder's avatar and it is 118x120 pixels and about 11kb.

I like the avatars that actually show a likeness of the Forumite him/herself.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Roxie

Say when

GaryinMississippi

Quote from: Tom on December 10, 2009, 12:15:38 PM

Or, "What specie of tree should I plant as a windbreak?"

I don't know of any trees that break wind.  But you can borrow my uncle.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

That one is worth remembering.  :D

..But Roxie.  Alabama isn't in Pa., it's next to GA.  I went there one time.  :D

Slabs

Quote from: jim king on December 10, 2009, 11:57:33 AM
How did you get your trailer out in the swamp ¿?¿?

Maybe it wuz kinda like I got mine into the Bottle Branch South 40; down an old logging road.  Had to trim out a few limbs and grub out some more scrub oaks but made it "home".

I also like to see where folks are (from).  By identifying my location, I got to know two guys whose friendship I value enormously-DanG and Woodbowl.  I've also taken great pains to "punch" my pin as close to home as possibe  with Google maps using the satellite image available to close in.  You can actually see my upstairs windows on the west side of the house if you zoom in enough.  I like it.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Thank You Sponsors!