iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Models?

Started by Holshot14, December 09, 2009, 10:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holshot14

Any one have an inside scoop as to if Husqvarna will be releasing or updating any chainsaw models for 2010?

SawTroll

Some partly educated guesswork;

They are about to replace the 357xp with a "strato" design, but I don't know when it will happen. They have been testing the replacement for some time.

I wouldn't be surpriced if they replaced the 395xp and 3120xp with strato saws as well, as the "cutoff" versions already have been replaced.
Information collector.

Holshot14

Cool, thanks for the info!

John Mc

Any idea how the strato saws stack up against their replacements or has no one had their hands on one yet?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Rocky_J

Without getting into specific models, the general consensus is that most of them are smoother, heavier and get much better fuel economy with about the same or slightly less power. The 575 was a major disappointment.

windthrown

News is also that current 372xp production has ended, and saws on the shelf will be the last of those models sold here in the states (70 and 74cc). They are supposedly redesigning the 372xp and it will be out sometime in 2010. So far they plan on calling it the 372, a bad choice in my view, but I am not a Husky user (but I buy and sell them). The later model 346 supposedly passes EPA laws, or rather, at least the dealer here says that they pass 2010 EPA standards with the CAT in them.
Stihls: 440R, 361, 360, 310, 260, 211, 020T. Husky: 372xt.
I ship Stihl saws down under: message me for details.

Thank You Sponsors!