iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

028 muffler

Started by mountaineer, December 06, 2009, 05:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountaineer

will a muffler off an 028 av super fit on a wb?  if a muffler will fit on one, will it fit on all others?  thx

Rocky_J

'wb' or 'wood boss' is just an advertising tag. Similar to 'Triton' or 'Vortec' on truck motors, it means nothing except what you want it to mean.

GASoline71

Some of the older 028 mufflers will not fit the newer models... There is a small tang on the rear muffler half that bolts to the saw case on the newer mufflers have that the older ones did not.  So it will depend on how old your muffler is...

...and by newer I mean the late 80's... :)

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

mountaineer

i have an 028 from 82'. i ran it over with my truck and the only thing it did to it was crush in the muffler. don't you just love a saw made of metal? :) i'm trying to find one on ebay because a new one is 50$ from the local stihl rep. just want to make sure it will fit on my saw. any suggestions?  thx

GASoline71

The 028 has a 2 piece muffler... is just the outer half crushed?  Or is the whole muffler done in?  The muffler parts are prolly NLA... but if your dealer has a line on them... maybe he will just sell you the half that is crushed.  Save you some cash.

I have an 028 that was bought new by my father in 1984... that thing has cut countless cords of wood.  Best dang saw I have ever owned/used.  I just recently acquired an 028 Super that is completely torn apart, and in need of some work.  Can't wait to get it runnin'.  :)

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

mountaineer

i still have the gasket that was on the saw. can i reuse it or should i get a new one?

mountaineer

two piece with side mount? my muffler doesn't have the round holes in the front. the one i'm looking at does. is that an indication of fit?

mountaineer

so if i have an 028 from 82' then will any muffler fit?

Thank You Sponsors!