iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank God She's a Country Girl

Started by Qweaver, December 01, 2009, 01:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I'm constantly amazed at this women that I'm lucky to call my wife.  I've always done the "man work" and she the "women work"  But since my broken hip foolishness she has just shined.   She and my daughter are right now down at the garden plowing out the potatoes.  I don't recall ever showing her how to mount implements on the 3 point hitch.  She does mow with the bush hog on a regular basis but to mount the plow and plow potatoes without asking a single question is just too much.    ::) ;D
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Jeff

I got one like that too.  We're lucky.   Mine went out all on her own initiative and bought a pretty nice used snow blower for a song while I was gone hunting this year.  She told me she didn't want to see me having to chuck snow over my head again this winter.  Tammy grew up in her Grandads Junkyard and used to make spending money by pulling radiators carbs and starters and the like off of cars, tagging them and putting them on the shelf in the big pole barn.  She got a quarter for every one she did.  That was when she was about 12 to 14.  When she was 16, she ran his wrecker. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

treecyclers

Either of your wonderful wives have sisters/cousins/friends that are similar, but single?
8)
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Magicman

You gotta love em..... :)   I do..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

You're a lucky man Q.  Clumsy, but lucky! ;)  I feel fortunate to have a Wife who just puts up with me doing all that stuff. ;D 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

mad dog

She's a keeper.don't throw that one back! Hope You heal up Quickly
mad dog 78 acres,pasqualli tractor,L-15 woodmiser

bull

Jeff, a girl who can run a wrench and operate a wrecker, Now thats Hot !!!  Betcha she can keep you in line also !! :D :D

Ironwood

I LOVE "can do" women.

My wife is keeper to, hard worker, non complainer, non shopper, on and on, sure was a lucky day I met her, attractive to boot.  8)

As my one friend says, "if it weren't for women we'd still be living in caves" YUP.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

scsmith42

Quote from: Ironwood on December 02, 2009, 08:57:52 AM
I LOVE "can do" women.

My wife is keeper to, hard worker, non complainer, non shopper, on and on, sure was a lucky day I met her, attractive to boot.  8)

Ironwood

Quinton, Sarah is definitely a keeper!

Reid - I lucked out as did you.  More than once Laureen has jumped onto a bulldozer, backhoe, or whatever to help me with some project.  She doesn't complain... much!  She works as hard, or harder than I do.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

motohed

I have to add mine to this list, not only a mother  of are 6 children but as my best friend also . You can have her dress to go out, or get ready to go hunting ,she is beautiful and gets hit on regularly ,but she's all mine . Guys i have to say i have the best wife of all and there is nothing  she won't try , or do for me or our children , we all know what working in woods logging is really about as hard as it gets . I am the owner and have 2 guys work for me . I had a total hip replacement on Dec 7 2009 that i have needed for over 10 years , but our children were all small  we have a 22 year old, four 12 year olds and a 9 year old that is autistic . She has manage to keep my very small crew going along with being able to operate my equipment to keep the logs rolling to the mill . In this time she has also managed to get me home from the hospital on Dec 9th , and still not complain . She did some damage to one of my big machines one day while I was in the hospital and manage to get it fix and back into operation her self and still drive a 100 miles round trip to see me in the hospital the same day  .(a little  teary ) The reason guys I am teary is this woman had never set foot in any of my equipment except for a little fun time we had together in a very busy life , and with a little direction from my sawyer , she was able to do it safely and have a pay check for the week from the mill . God bless her , because I know that god blessed me by allowing me to have her as my wife !

Ironwood

Motohed,

Great story. I too recently spent some time in the hospital. We have ONLY three young ones (two in diapers), she works full time and still managed to get to the hospital to support me.

FOUR all the same age :o

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

motohed

Quote from: Ironwood on December 13, 2009, 07:14:08 AM
Motohed,

Great story. I too recently spent some time in the hospital. We have ONLY three young ones (two in diapers), she works full time and still managed to get to the hospital to support me.

FOUR all the same age :o

Ironwood
We are both lucky , My wife and I also own a campground business and I do excavation work also . We have had to really step up the pace ,since the economy has been in the toilet for so long in the north east .  We have had to down size and have  had some voluntary repo's on some equipment for the excavation business  . Thank god I have been a logger for most of my life , It's about all that keeping or home and allowing us to even have a chance at saving all we have worked for . I guess everyone is in the same boat . we all need each other right now ! We also need to bring all the manufacturing and jobs in general back to our own country.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Queaver & everyone else  whos found emselfs a keeper Your  lucky men  ;) ;D and i wish you a speedy recovery Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8)
Quote from: treecyclers on December 01, 2009, 08:31:54 PM
Either of your wonderful wives have sisters/cousins/friends that are similar, but single?
8)
Tc your not the only bloke still looking/waiting Mate  ??? ::)  ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Ironwood

Being from the same gene pool does not necessarily ensure the same OUTCOME. Might increase the likelihood but no guarrentee.  ::) Trust me I have seen this to be the case :-X

Ironwood

motohed

Quote from: Meadows Miller on December 13, 2009, 08:53:54 AM
Gday

Queaver & everyone else  whos found emselfs a keeper Your  lucky men  ;) ;D and i wish you a speedy recovery Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8)
Quote from: treecyclers on December 01, 2009, 08:31:54 PM
8)
Tc your not the only bloke still looking/waiting Mate  ??? ::)  ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Regards Chris

You will be lucky to find one like I have ,or the other lucky one's of us ! I will tell you where I met my wife , you won't believe me but it's freaky and the gods honest truth !  Ok where do I start another true story  I will will say I have been married three yes count them three times ! My first wife left me after 7 years of marrage , total my fault ! I was young and driven to suckseed literally worked seven day a week ,22 hours a day , I thought we , or worse she wanted the American dream Yeah right ! I didn't hear her when  she wanted to go out to dinner tonight , or can we go away this weekend ! Ok baby we will honest this weekend ,I promise . You all know that weekend never came , I made the promise many times , yeah 7 year worth ! I came home early one night , she was actually up and she started to cry . I said what wrong baby I love you ,she said I love you too but I have met someone else ! I was totally blind sided no idea , I mean never an argument nothing ! well I had failed to realize in my own little work world , i was never home ,or there for her ever once when she needed me ,not once ! This is where you young guys need to pay attention , enjoy your wife if you love her while your young take the time that she needs believe me . Second wife gold digger edited thirteen years of marriage and all my time you know the drill ,leave's me with four kids and I am broke but still have al my clothes Wheew ! You get the picture ,really long story for a different time. Ok now here I am A single dad with  four kids three 4 year old and a 2 year old in diapers  sole custody and three full blown successful businesses to boot , you guys are asking how ! Prenup , thank you very much . Ok Now that i have got you guys all hooked , and saying how does this guy even come close to meeting and marrying the perfect woman right , yeah thought so , Ok Your right I had less than no time but I had some nights home alone , taking care of my children putting them to bed . trying to relax and figure out what had happened  etc etc etc . Ok now I am settled ,or at least back on my feet ,what a wild few months I am glad it over  wow ! I sit down this one night messing around on my computer ,surfing the net , well I go to my email site BAM there it is . What do I have to lose right so i click on the site yeah that's right American singles a dating site I do the sign up thing Etc Etc you get the picture . I meet this lady we type till morning ,and every chance we get all week right everything is clicking . I have to tell her that I had made a previous date with someone else this weekend ! Well Ok I really like this person I have pictures everything , she's hot but I have this other date . I have learned my lesson about promisses to women , by now this date is over in my mind ,but I am going because I SAID I WOULD . The date calls me the morning we are suppose to meet ,and say she is sorry but just not ready . Wow I am sorry on the phone , NOT . I hang up I am dancing  , I make a call and thats history ! Moral of the story if it jumps out at you ,what  do you have to loose !

treecyclers

Quote from: Ironwood on December 13, 2009, 09:24:13 AM
Being from the same gene pool does not necessarily ensure the same OUTCOME.

Ironwood

You can't win if you don't play!
Besides, finding the "perfect" mate has more to do with who we are individually than who they are.
When we bring out the best in others, they tend to bring out the best in us too!
Still, gotta ask, right?
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Thank You Sponsors!