iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nomad came by

Started by Tom, November 29, 2009, 11:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

This afternoon, I got a visit from Nomad.  That's always fun, but today, he brought this pretty little girl along with him.  She's from Ohio, but I Could still understand her.   We sat on the porch and talked about sawmills and sharpeners. Then we walked out to the the sawmill for me to show him some logs that a neighbor said were black walnut.  I didn't think they were.  I figured they were a red oak of some sort but hadn't seen them myself.  Nomad said he didn't know what they were, but they weren't Black Walnut.  He knew what that looks like, being from Massachusetts and all.   :D

Then we took a little walk to the side of the property.  It was the first time I'd been over there since before the thinning.  I was alarmed to find that the loggers clear-cut about 2 acres where I couldn't see it. 

Well, that's wood gone. I probably got paid for it, but the price was in the toilet.  They were looking out for themselves and trying to make some more loads, I'm sure.

Then we walked back to the house.

The visit was pure enjoyment.  I hope he brings her back the next time he stops buy.  She's real easy to look at.  :)

CHARLIE

Tom, you can smell the difference between red oak and walnut, or look at the bark.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

I wanna picture.  ;D

Oh, of the logs, the logs.  We've got lots of "pretty things" to look at , but no walnut and rarely an oak log. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Quote from: Tom on November 29, 2009, 11:54:45 PM
 We sat on the porch and talked........The visit was pure enjoyment

Ahhh, the joys of the "front porch"...... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!