iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

drawer slides

Started by woody1, November 29, 2009, 08:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody1

Looking for some feedback on heavy duty drawer slides. One of the desks in the office has drawers that needs the slides replaced. The drawers have the cheap mono rails on the bottom. The drawer boxes are just slightly under the frame opening size. I think I am going to have to make new boxes to use side slides, unless someone has another ideaThanks,
Woody
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Brad_bb

I don't get it.  What was there originally?  Was it a bottom center mount drawer slide?  Was it a simple wood on wood slide?  A pic would help.  You should be able to replace what was there originally. Hopefully you won't have to make a new drawer box.  That takes time, especially for the finish.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

treecyclers

There are a couple manufacturers that sell low profile heavy duty slides.
Decorite comes to mind.
They have (had) a bottom mount HD slide, ball bearing type, that has a pretty low profile and doesn't take much space. It's intended as a retrofit to the el-cheapo white/brown plastic single roller that are notorious for breaking.
Expect to pay about $8 a set for them, well worth the money.
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

D Hagens

Not sure if you guys have Lee Valley Tools in the States but I know that they ship anywhere.

They have the best drawer slides that I've ever used. :)

Thank You Sponsors!