iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanksgiving Day

Started by Patty, November 25, 2009, 05:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving shared with friends and family.  8)

This year we decided turkey would not be on the menu  smiley_turkey_dancing and since Norm was in charge of the cooking, he could choose the menu as well. We are serving prime rib for dinner with all the fixings.....twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole, baked beans and weinies, dinner rolls, salads, oyster dressing, and plenty of side dishes.

We are all meeting at my mom's place and bringing along loads of goodies, pies, cakes, cookies to snack on until dinner is ready. Last count was around 17 adults, with my brothers and sisters and their families. This is our annual family get together, so mom really looks forward to it. Once a year her entire brood is under one roof!

Be safe everyone, and enjoy your holiday!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sprucebunny

Thanks, Patty ! And you have a great day, too  8)

We are having prime rib also, with seasoned green beans ( bacon and marjoram ) carrots and celery sticks and baked potato skins.
Rasberries and cream for dessert  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thecfarm

Got it made.   8)   Stop in to sprucebunny's and than on to patty's.  ;D  I like mine rare and I do mean mooing.
I hope all of you on the forum have a great Thanksgiving.Gives thanks to the Lord that we can have a wonderful day like this.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Sounds good, but we are having the proverbial turkey.  ;D 
And inviting some of our family and another family from Peru. And they have two of the cutest little girls.  :)

Hope to deer hunt in the morning. Don't think anyone has taken that big one yet.  :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WH_Conley

Didn't really feel up to a road trip, but , the Bunny and Patty might make me feel differently, quit talking about food like that.
Bill

Burlkraft

Hey Patty that sounds goood!

I seem to have lost the directions to mom's house could you please send them?  ;D  ;D  ;D

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Holiday and don't forget to drop a little prayer for our fighting forces all around the globe  ;)  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dnalley

I'd like to add my best wishes for a wonderful thanksgiving to all y'all on the forum.  In my case this is a very special thanksgiving as my son arrived home last night (Seattle, Wa) from Iraq.  He called when he got to Delaware to let us know he was back in the states, but he said there were five in the belly of the plane who were not as fortunate.  So if giving thanks is part of this day for you, remember the families that have given so much for our country and us all, and those in our military.  I  pray they all have a blessed day.

James P.

happy Thanksgiving, may those families who are suffering find sanctuary.

fishpharmer

I am thankful God has blessed me in so many ways.  I wish everyone on forestry forum as well as all those who serve our country the Happiest of Thanksgivings.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Don_Papenburg

Happy thanksgiving to all .
We  had ham, scaluped potatoes, sweetcorn from this summers bounty , Homemade pumpkin pie  made with homegrown sugerpie pumpkins toped off with homemade icecream .  Almost forgot the brickoven baked whole wheat bread.  Yum Yum
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

DanG

I had a great day as well, though nothing could top DNalley's thankful day. :)  Linda and I parted company for the day, as she is pretty much obligated to her family's traditional do, and I felt a strong urge to spend the holiday with my parents.  My Sister and Bil, and a Neice and her Daughter were there too.  We had a pretty traditional Thanksgiving meal with turkey and ham, sweet taters, green beans, porch greens, peas&carrots, crescent rolls, and more desserts than I could even sample.

I had a good time with the six year old Grandniece.  We spent a while outside kicking a ball around until I ran out of gas and retired to the porch.  She was enjoying the pretty flowers that were dropping petals all over the ground.  I asked her if she knew what kind of flowers they were, and she said roses, or more accurately, rotheth, since she is missing a few front teeth.  I told her that they looked a little like roses, but actually they are sasanquas.  We all had a good chuckle when she went inside to tell Granny how pretty her thathanquath are. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

Well I'm back to report that prime rib for Thanksgiving Day is not too bad of a meal. We all ate too much, talked too much and some even drank too much (I had to drive home so it wasn't me.)  :D

Roxie

That Patty!  :D

We had the traditional dinner at my son's house.  My daughter-in-law is a phenominal cook, right down to the pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream.  When we sat down to dinner, we each were asked to name something for which we were thankful.  Of course, the grandchildren had the most original thanks:

Nathan (6) - Thankful for fast trucks that sound like airplanes (his Granpa's truck), but not cranberry sauce. 
Sarah (3) - Thankful for pretty headbands (as it was keeping her very long hair from falling on her plate).
James (20 months) - Sure!   

I think y'all can guess how thankful Granma was feeling. 
Say when

Mooseherder

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner at my daughter's place.  It was their first time hosting Thanksgiving and they did a great job.  There was an uninvited guest who showed up while we were sittin' around before dinner.  They live in a subdivision that has a lot of similiar models and look about the same every other house.
This older feller with a cane opened the front door, walked in and was bee-lining it to the bathroom.  He was greeted by 5 barking little dogs who were all at the gathering because my daughter keeps dogs as a side line for her clients who leave town for the Holidays.  My Son In Law greeted him and said "Sir I think you may be at the wrong house.  He ignored my SIL and closed the bathroom door. :D
While we were all discussing what just happened, as it took a few moments to register.  He was in there forever and then the rest of his party tried to barge in and again was greeted by 5 little barking dogs.
My SIL and his friend intercepted and told them they couldn't come in but did stay with them outside and helped them with determining which house they were supposed to be at. ::)
They were a little concerned as the guy stayed in the bathroom for about ten minutes.  It was a really weird situation.  I got the guy on video as he is leaving if your interested.
He told my SIL on the way out he felt a lot better. :D

Burlkraft

MH....That's quite the story  :D  :D  :D  :D

We went to Jill's mom and dad's and had the full array of Thanksgiving fare. Jill and I took salad and 5 pies and 2 cakes and smashed taters.

I also enjoyed watching the Packers beat up on Detroit with a room full of Bears fans   ;D  ;D  ;D

It was a good day  ;)  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Mooseherder

I put the last minute up on youtube.
It's the guy in the Red Shirt. :D
My SIL is being nice to him even though he may not have deserved it.  I'm proud of the way he handles himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpmgO4uiSmE

Thank You Sponsors!