iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

where can i buy flat belts?

Started by woodpeckerlips, November 23, 2009, 01:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodpeckerlips

And there are all kinds of opinions on types. Leather,canvas,rubberized,ect. For a drive belt, 10" with a weighted tensioner.  What would be the best type and why?

sawthemlogs

i always liked the old canvas type aka endless...rubber for me is is heavier in weight....i usually try to attend old farm estate auctions is where i find  them....there is a belting company near me that can make any width or length you may need...what is bad about flat belt is to finging the good ole belt dressing.... just out of curoisity why 10 inch....   i use 8inch on 56  inch circular with no problem
R.D.

Carpenter

I have seen rubber baler belts spliced together to make a flat belt at a farm show.  It's an option if you can't find a source.  It seemed to work just fine on the thresher that it was running.

timberfaller390

Rubber round baler belts are the best thing going right now. Cotton or leather belts are really expensive and the leather ones stretch if they get wet. Used baler belting is cheap or sometimes free at your local farm equipment dealer. Traditional belt matierals do not stand up good to weather (sun, rain, snow) and have a tendency to slip. Rubber belts take alot more abuse and are more weather friendly. You can buy baler belting new but it costs upwards of $3.00 a foot. Give your equipment dealer a call and more than likely he has a pile of belting out back and would be glad to make you whatever you need.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

bandmiller2

I have mentioned it before but the yellow Storz type fire hose used now makes a good power belt takes a clipper laceing well and usally is free.The hose gets leaks along the crease and is replaced,its rubberized,strong and weather resistant.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

woodpeckerlips

Sawthemlogs,  I measured my belt and it's a 8" belt that's canvas. Getting worn.   To everyone else, that's a good idea on the bailer belts. I'll try to get some of them.

Thank You Sponsors!