iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln Light

Started by rs1626, November 16, 2009, 03:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs1626

I am in the process of building a chamber for a 200 nyle kiln does any body have a suggestion for a light

THANKS

Charles

I just used the plastic elec. boxes to make it water tight and use a 60 watt bulb. You could also put an explosion proof cap over the bulb to make the whole unit water tight

Charlie

LorenB

In discussions with Don Lewis of Nyle Kilns he mentioned that incandescent lights are the way to go.  Fluorescent lamps can't stand the heat. 

-- Loren
Loren
Baker 3667D portable sawmill, Cook's edger, Logrite arches & peaveys.  Husky 272XP chainsaw & two Echos.

scsmith42

Quote from: LorenB on January 01, 2010, 02:12:15 AM
In discussions with Don Lewis of Nyle Kilns he mentioned that incandescent lights are the way to go.  Fluorescent lamps can't stand the heat. 

-- Loren

Not that I am one to disagree with Don.... but I've had 6 CFL's installed inside of waterproof fixtures in my kiln for about 3 years.  Only one bad bulb in that time, and that was not long after they were installed.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

LorenB

Quote from: scsmith42 on January 01, 2010, 01:53:38 PMNot that I am one to disagree with Don.... but I've had 6 CFL's installed inside of waterproof fixtures in my kiln for about 3 years.  Only one bad bulb in that time, and that was not long after they were installed.

scsmith,

I'm very glad to hear that, considering that it looks like we won't be able to buy incandescent light bulbs in the future.  Thanks. 

-- Loren
Loren
Baker 3667D portable sawmill, Cook's edger, Logrite arches & peaveys.  Husky 272XP chainsaw & two Echos.

Den Socling

This is off the subject but we used to put florescent tubes in radio frequency vacuum kilns. They made a lot of light with no wires connected to them.  :o

red oaks lumber

we use exterior halagen lights, last about 3 yrs then replace them.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!