iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So, did Bibby, Mary, and Arky go to the WoodMizer expo....Nooooo

Started by oldsaw, November 14, 2009, 05:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldsaw

Sawwood got me to go down there with him this morning (a good time was had by all, BTW), but not a FFriendly FFace in the bunch.

I learned something very important today.  A bandmill costs $40,000.  That's it, it's $40k.  Watching a full hydraulic mill (LT40Super) go through it's paces, yeah, gotta be full hydraulic.  Wow.  Watching what takes us a lot of time and manpower be done in seconds with no effort on the operator's part is amazing.  One thing to watch a video, another to see it done.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Bibbyman

I'm sure this was the first Open House in Mt. Vernon we've missed since they opened up the branch down there.

I guess a good time was had by all!  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sawwood

We sure did have a good time at the Woodmizer open house. Will and all the woodmizer
people gave a great show of there mill and the new equipment. Was hoping to see the
single blade edger and the new resaw unit i had heard about. The single blade edger gave
me some thing to think about useing to make my woodmaster a edger.

Oldsaw and me was hoping to meet some of the FF Members but none was there. Oldsaw
sure got excited about seeing the mill in action. We talked a lot about them comming back
that the full equipment woud sure help mill all the logs we have. Took some photos and
will post them tomorrow. Thanks Will and Woodmizer for a great day out.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Hi-Country Orange

I  made it there about 12:30 or so it was a nice show i thought

sawwood

Here are some photos i took at the Woodmizer open house in Mo.

Sawwood

Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

ARKANSAWYER

I wanted to go but it was Opening Day of Modern Gun Deer Season here as well as in MO.  I went deer hunting.   Here a man's honor is judged by how he handles certian events.  Opening day of Deer and Turkey seasons are things you just do not miss.   You can be late to your wedding and get less greif then missing deer camp!   My GrandMa was in the hospital a few weeks ago and she said that she hopes that she does not die in the next two weeks.  My Ma askes why? and Granny said "There will be no menfolks to carry my coffin".   :D  She is a good woman.
  I hope they check the AGFC web site when planing the Spring Show.
ARKANSAWYER

Magicman

Priorities......You just gotta set priorities.  Our season opens Saturday..... smiley_antlers smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on November 17, 2009, 01:29:53 PM

I wanted to go but it was Opening Day of Modern Gun Deer Season here as well as in MO. 

The biggest sporting event of the year...not good planing.

Kathy watched a 10 pointer this morning destroy her Teddy Bear Magnolia tree in the front yard.  Kathy doesn't let me hunt in her front yard ??? but she was DanG ready this morning. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!