iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo chainsaws

Started by ed in idaho, November 11, 2009, 04:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed in idaho

what is the feeling about echo saws ? was thinking about the cs-530. the warrentee is the longest i've seen. the local dealer is a good one which is a plus for me . the other saw i really like is the dolmar 5100 but the dealer is much further away and not sure what kind of service they give. any drawbacks to the echo saws ?

Ed

ladylake

I have a couple Cs510 and one Cs520 which is about the same as the newer Cs530. Out of my 15 or so saws these are my favorite, good power, light, handle nice and always run.  The only drawback is they are set to lean from the factory which causes them to bog easy and burn up if worked to hard.  Either you or your dealer needs to pull the limiter caps and set richer, The Dolmar 5100s has the same trouble being set to lean, maybe not quite as bad as the CS530.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ed in idaho

all the saws i've ever used were made before anyone came up with anything as stupid as these limiter caps, so i have seen any. what is involved in removing them ? can you then adjust the carb. normally ?

Ed

ladylake

I get mine off with a drywall screw, grind the tabs off then reinstall. Then you can adjust rich enough.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

John Mc

I don't think you want to remove them completely. Something about the limiter caps also provides the friction to keep the mixture screws from drifting.

The caps on mine just had a shoulder on them that kept the screw from turning too far. Since they were plastic, I just trimmed the shoulder a bit with a pocket knife and was able to adjust things how I wanted them. I didn't even pull the caps to do this, just reached in and cut them a bit.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

ladylake

The caps on Echo carb are hard to get at with a knife, Thread a drywall screw in the center hole kind of tight, then turn counterclockwise until the tab lines up with the slot and pull.  Most time the screw will come out when turning counterclockwise, then use a screwdriver to align the tab and slot and put the screw back in but not so tight that you turn the cap and pull. Once out grind or trim the tab off.   Steve

MN Ripper

I've have not used the CS-530 but have used a friends CS-520 (530's predecessor)when cutting together and it was gem of a saw for its size.  Started, ran and cut flawlessly.  I bought 2 Echo's (670 & 330T) this year myself.  I keep my eye out for a used 520 or 530 that hopefully cross my path some day.  If you have a good dealer even more of a plus.  My dealer knows I just cut firewood and says its the last saw I'll ever need to buy.  I'll let you know in 30 years if he was right!  :)

I don't remember how much more the CS-600 is, but the local Echo rep was raving about it at our local county fair this summer.  Wouldn't hurt to look into it if it fits your budget.  I'd like to run one just see what its like too.
Echo CS-670, CS-330T, Stihl 028 WB

splitter

I've owned several different brands of saws, the ECHO is my pick. I own three, my newest one is the 8000. Theirs two things I hate, a flat tire, and a power saw that won't start. Thats one thing I can say about a ECHO saw they will start. Left them for a while but I'm back now. Splitter

miking

I have a CS530 and I'm very impressed with it. It compares well with a 260 Pro, IMO. I also run a CS680 and it's a very good saw for the money. I don't do a lot of firewood bucking but when I do it handles 20-24" oak sufficiently.
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

Thank You Sponsors!