iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Carborator Question for Husky 371

Started by SouthernVT LawnLogger, November 05, 2009, 11:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernVT LawnLogger

I just purchased a big bore kit for a Husky 371xp.  over the years i have constructed this saw.  And am now making it bigger witch i want to do.  My question is: by getting a big bore kit the amount of fuel being burned is going to increase, so would it be benificial for me to purchase the carborator for the Husky 281? seeing that they were from the same year?  would they Fit or are they iniversal? Or would it be better to clean and replace gaskets, in the carb? i realize that it would be cheaper to clean and replace but i want to have a carb that will keep up with the saw? thanks for your reply. If any one could help me out that would be great thanks Kyle Zecher

Cut4fun

Stock 372xp 50mm. I have the OEM 51.??mm 74.66cc topend on my 372 and the stock carb works just fine.
The BB372 is 52mm and have ran them without problems. So just stay stock IMHO.

olyman

as cut4 said. you arent increasing it that much. like from a 4 cyl, to a v8!!

oldsaw

The carb works by metering fuel to the amount of air.  Bigger cylinder just means more air being drawn through, as long as none of the other parameters have changed.  Open up the muffler a bit and you will have to richen the mixture because you changed parameters.  Ditto for porting the cylinder.

Just stick it on, you'll be fine.  If you go with a big bore kit, make sure you check to see if the ports were chamfered on the inside of the bore so they don't catch the rings.  Heard of some issues with that of late with aftermarket jugs.
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

SouthernVT LawnLogger

Thanks for all the advice everyone.. 

Thank You Sponsors!