iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pine coming back?

Started by woodmills1, November 04, 2009, 07:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

funny how the scale stick gets long and sweet when they need logs.... :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SwampDonkey

Years ago they thought they could entice woodlot owners to cut the one standing pine on their woodlot and gather those lonely logs. Most people don't bother with pine in my local area, because what do you do with one or two pine logs? The majority of white pine was logged a century ago around here and usually 1 or two old pine on a lot and many lots none. The logistics of gathering up those lonely logs would be impossible and desperate. They never did get anyone interested and they sure weren't about to go gather them with their own truck.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodmills1

It seems I have found a good niche, picking up tree service trees from companies too small to have a log truck.  Today I am going to the next town over for a single pine tree and one red oak butt log.  When I get that home I should be able to cobble a full truck and trailer load from the 2 loads of the pine and hardwood I picked up friday that was mostly firewood with a few shorter harwoods and three nicer 16 foot pines.  then I will do a delivery to the concentration yard in milford tomorrow and pick up more pine in dunstable mass on the way home.

now that I have the blue ox, I always have logs for my sawmill orders and will easily top 100 thousand bd ft of sold logs.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!