iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Guy Introduction

Started by Donald D, October 30, 2009, 05:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald D

Well, I guess I'll start by saying my spelling sucks. Now that we have that out of the way, my name is Don Simons, I live in a small town near Green Bay, Wi., I am 52, retired two years ago, and am not allowed in the house before 5pm.

I currently own my second LT40 Woodmizer and enjoy working on wiered projects. Thus, the reason I joined this site. I spent a few days fumbling thru trying to find stuff and found a huge amount of interesting idea's, topic's, and stories. I am currently in the process of designing an attachment for my Woodmizer that will inable me to turn log's for cabins. I know Woodmizer makes the Lathe Mizer, and they do build quality products, but mine will be quite a step up from that.  I can cut all my parts on my CNC plasma table, and would like to know if anyone has toyed with this idea. I always learn alot from mistakes, usually my own.

Since this is my very first post, I don't know where to read any replies, but I'll figure it out....maybe.  Let me say that finding this site was a breath of fresh air for me. I really injoy seeing and reading all the great idea's that people come up with, and are nice enough to share with others.

Ti'll we talk (type, I suck at that too!) again, Take care...
Don Simons
Site Name: Donald D

Tom

Well Duck   I mean Donald D, most of us also are challenged when it comes to spelling, but we stick it out there anyway.  :D

Welcome to the forum. 

You are near that great town with the Packers, eh?  I like the Packers.  Rather, I like Green Bay for having the Packers.

My little Brother, Charlie, lives in New Richmond.  He and I visited a cheese factory on one of my trips up there.  What an experience and worth returning for too.  :)

fishpharmer

Donald D. Welcome to a wonderful place.  We look forward to hearing about you ideas and experiences. 

You gotta be a Packer fan right?  That being
said I know you appreciate us loaning you Brett Farve.
I don't know how he put up with the cold that long.  The cold has obviously affected
his decision making. ;) :D  Or lack thereof. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Donald D

Hi fishpharmer,
I'm sorry to say I am not a packer fan. I don't follow sports at all. I spend most of my time in my shop. Not that I have anything against sports, I just have so many other things I prefer to do.

fishpharmer

I'll let you slide. Since I don't spend alot of time watching sports either.
Now I can't speak for Mr. Tom.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pineywoods

Welcome donald, if you like to tinker, you have come to a good place. Lots of good folks, lots of good ideas. And I see you have a cnc plasma cutter, I"d love to have just a plain plasma torch, have to make do with a chop saw and an old victor torch. Show us some of your projects, we like pics.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

red oaks lumber

greetings fellow cheesehead! another rube goldberg kind of guy. post pics
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

Hey Duck,

Look forward to having you around  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Well I was gonna call him Duck, but I was slow so I'll just call him Don.  Welcome to the Forestry Forum Don!  We like new guys with cool toys.  Can I come over and play? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Don K

Welcome to the forum, Donald. It is a easy place to get used too. I would dare say that there isn't a question in the whole world that couldn't be answered right here, wether it was right or wrong. ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ScottAR

Welcome!  Pull up a stump and have a seat...
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!