iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I had a special visitor today

Started by Don K, October 27, 2009, 09:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

I've known for a few weeks that I would be entertaining a special guest. When he arrived he had a nice gift for me. I was in the yard when he arrived and this is what I saw.  8) 8) 8) ;D

That is a LT40HDD35 hooked to that truck. I don't have a pic of the truck leaving, but I can promise you it wasn't pulling a thang. Mr. Mike from WM South braved fog and rain all the way from Newnan to deliver the mill. Luckily by the time he arrived the fog had cleared and the rain stayed at bay.

Radar67 came over from MS to take some pics and haul the first boards home to sheath his shed.

I will have to retrain myself to get used to this mill. Good thing the wood didn't change too.
;D

First log going on the mill.

Mr. Mike making the first cut to check a few things. This mill had 26 hrs on it as a demo so I got a good deal on it. It has a debarker, autoclutch, and simple setworks which I love. For those curious about my other mill, I am currently a two mill owner. The LT15 should leave here Sat. Needless to say it is out from under the sawshed and covered with a tarp.

Don

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

inwoodcutter

Congrats! You should have fun with the new mill. Just try not to cut off the side dogs. Don't ask me how I know.
Dan Warner
"there's money in that slab"

Bibbyman

Way to go!   8)

It looks actualy dry there!  You couldn't have set up in an open field here today.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Dave Shepard

8) 8)

The autoclutch and debarker are worth every penny. :) Did WM change the simple setworks? The box looks different than what I'm used to. I've seen a bunch of the stuff WM makes in Europe, they have some really different stuff over there.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Don K

Compared to the notched wheel on the LT15, this looks like a Accuset to me. It has two changeable settings in 1/16th increments and that is enough for me. This was like going from flying a kite to driving the space shuttle. :o

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Magicman

Congratulations !!!  What brand name is that diesel engine?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sgschwend

We kicked around how many sawmills are out there. My guess was about 100,000 mills.  Now it would be 100,001 mills.

Congrats   ;)
Steve Gschwend

sjgschwend@gmail.com

Don K

Magicman

Thanks.  I could have looked it up, but asking was easier.... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Whooo Hooo all right Donk, congratulations. I predict the rapid conversion of every log available into first class lumber in a short time. I just got my first look at a simple setworks. I want one. Soon as you get familiar with it, take time to tell us all about the new mill. 
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

dnalley

Congratulations Don,(eatin my heart out).  Nice looking mill, especially the hydraulics.  I recognize Mr. Mike as they are only about 20 miles from my house.  Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I know I would.  Mine's a different Make and all manual!  Enjoy your new "shuttle".  Dwight

Tom

Boy!!  Aren't you sumpin'.

I'll bet you won't even talk to us now.    :D :D

jerry-m

Hey Don,

Man I am proud for you, congratulations 8)  Just dont over work yourself getting used to it :D

Jerry

Jerry

fishpharmer

You Da Man!!!!

Congrats DonK, man I am proud for ya!!  Very nice. 8)

Don't forget us little people ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Mooseherder

Very nice upgrade Don.  That is awesome!
Hows the song go?   Whistle while you work. 8)

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

nas

congrats Don
I hope you have as much fun with yours as I'm having with mine 8)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Chuck White

Slick lookin' machine!

Congrats Don!

Maybe in a few years I'll be able to upgrade!

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ronwood

Don,

Nice looking mill.

I upgraded my LT40 to the simple setworks.  Works well

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

WDH

Whoa!  Now you have gone and done it  ;D.  That mill is very shiny!  I am happy for you and sad for me  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

8) 8)

That's a beautiful mill.  It's gonna look nicer with a pile of sawdust next to it. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

customsawyer

I have been using the accuset 2 on my LT 70 for a few years now but I was down to the show in  Moltrie, Ga. this past week and spoke to Mike while I played with the simple set works. I think you will be very happy with that set up as some of what the accuset does I don't use  and I don't know if I couldn't get by with the simple set works. That might even be the same mill I played with but I think it was gas. Congrats on the new mill anyway and let me know if you need some help hitting the side supports or the clamp just to brake it in.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Don K

Don't worry, I am too big for my britches, but I was that way before I got the new mill and it wasn't caused by milling.  ;D :D I promise I won't get biggity, I'll just not be aching as much at the end of the day. ;)

Sent Radar67 home with 1000+ bdft of siding for his shed. That is all I would let him haul that far. I'll finish what he needs and he will pick it up later.

I am slowly getting more confident with the mill. I can't wait until I am as comfortable with it as I was with my LT15.

Don

WDH

Now you can saw a lot more boards to lick  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don K

Now I just need some good licking wood, I've eaten pine for two days and it doesn't taste good. Need some curly maple or figured walnut. I bet they are good. ;D ;D ;D

Don

Thank You Sponsors!