iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Removing curly maple from van

Started by Ironwood, October 26, 2009, 11:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ironwood

Totaled two other vehicals as well.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

nas

Nothing like wood with a good story behind it :)

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

metalspinner

That butt log sure looks dark.  You gonna saw slabs out of the logs or boards?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

gary

Ok there were pictures so we know it happened. Now we need details as to how it happened.

Burlkraft

That's awesome  :D  :D  :D

We do need the story  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

That van is now a "Red Green Convertible"  :D.

Awesome pics!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Fla._Deadheader

NICE  8) 8) ::) ::)

What do you figure the weight limit of that boom, at max extension, and, appropriate angle ??? Electric winch, ??, at what pound rating ???

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

LeeB

So much for 'built chevy tough'.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ironwood

I dont know the exact story, tree rotted at base, fell on house, and three cars. All cars were totaled. Guy near burnt the house down after dousing the bees in the cavity of an upper limb w/ kero and then deciding to "smoke" the out w/ burning card board. Natural selection in action! :o Fortunately he had an extinguiser right inside the garage. I will flitch mill them.

Crane is 3200 lbs and was being WORKED heavily. I love that crane! Truck too.

Ironwood

nas

Quote from: LeeB on October 27, 2009, 12:57:23 PM
So much for 'built chevy tough'.  :D
I thought it was "Like a rock" :D
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

pasbuild

Hey maybe ya can hook up Night Raider with the axle out of that van for his log arch ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

KGNC

So you couldn't just cut off a few limbs and use the van to deliver the log to the mill? ;D

Ironwood

ScottAR

That van looks a bit curly as well... :D

waiting for the groans...  I'll be here all week!  ;D

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!