iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-Classic 2300 cracks in air inlet holes

Started by jchartrand, October 26, 2009, 08:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchartrand

I was just wondering if anyone has has noticed cracks in the steel around the air inlet holes in their eclassics and what their dealer or the company had to say about it.

ronwood

Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't be of any help.  I have Central Boiler 5648 now going on my fifth season. 

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

MudBud

JC, I have not had the problem but I have heard of the problem.  I don't know what was done or why it showed signs of cracking and both of us are in Maine.  I received mine mid-September of 08

jchartrand

I contacted CB today and they told me it was nothing to worry about and that they will stand behind it if it travels into the water jacket and becomes a leak problem. It sounded like it was very common and was due to lack of water behind the steel to protect it in that part of the furnace. I like my furnace and think it works great but I just wonder how durable it is. For the price I would like to see 30 years but I doubt that will happen. How do you guys like your E-Classics?

jchartrand

ronwood, I hear the 5648 is a great stove and that is what I would have bought, but because there are so many careless people out there who have burned trash in them and installed them in improper places, my state, Maine , among others has passed this new emissions law so the e-classic was my only CB option

Thank You Sponsors!