iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Greetings from the land of snakes and spiders

Started by Ianab, October 25, 2009, 08:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Well here we are in Australia.  :)

Frankly the weather is just like home today, cold and raining. The locals seem to think the next ice age is starting or something, we put on a jacket.  :D

Were going to take the train sight seeing today, but all there is to see is rain and cold Aussies, so we are having a lazy day.

The plane we flew over on - Airbus A380 SuperJumbo. Yes it's BIG.

One of the locals - Redback Spider

Should get some more sightseeing in over the rest of the week, and will probably be complaining about the heat in the next post  ::)

Ian

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ernie

Ian, you left at the wrong time.  We have had one of the best labour weekends that I can remember I am even tempted to replant my tomatoes :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ianab

Got to see some sights yesterday.   :)

On the ferry going to the zoo.

Got up close and personal with a snake.

And a kangaroo.

And even a spider, it was on the front door when we got home.

Off on another sight seeing trip now.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

WDH

Ian,

Keep the pics coming!  I am enjoying your trip!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ianab

Still on the tourist trail

The Blue Mountains, a couple of hours west of Sydney by train. Very different scenery, rainforest, more like home.

The cable car that takes you up/down from the bottom of the valley.

Walkway through the forest.

View of the cliffs / rocks

There are two ways down, cable way and railway. The Railway drops down the side at a 58deg angle through a tunnel part of the way !!! The track was originally used for coal cars from a mine at the bottom, then they started taking tourists in the coal cars, and carried on from there.
A fun ride for sure  ;D

Ian

Thank You Sponsors!