iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Forestry Forum at the Moultrie Ag Expo

Started by WDH, October 23, 2009, 10:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Well, the Forestry Forum was well represented at the Moultrie Ag Expo.  Since y'all are sticklers for pictures, I thought that I would post a few  ;D.

Here is Tom on the phone asking where the DanG is DanG??

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WDH

Here is Woodbowl cooking up some delicious lima beans and bacon.  Dnalley is fixin' to fix ribs!

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WDH

Here is Forum member John Boykin from Huntsville, AL on the right and his friend George from Prattville, AL chillin' out on the left.

DanG and Dnalley talking about the finer points of something-or-the-other.  Whatever it was, it would have probably landed in the Restricted Topics Area  :).

WDH

Woodbowl and Dnalley wondering who brought the BBQ sauce????

Woodbowl making Costa Rican coffee courtesy of the Fla_Deadheader.

nas

Was Tom on the phone the whole time?  I see him in the second last pic, still on the phone!
Looks warm down there!

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Jeff

Who's that retching from the lima beans in photo number two behind Olen?  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dnalley

That would be Judson, Olen's son, trying to gather pinecones for a potential campfire.  I guess the retching will come a little later in San Antonio as he is Air Force bound in a couple of weeks!!

DanG

Quote from: Jeff on October 23, 2009, 01:49:43 PM
Who's that retching from the lima beans in photo number two behind Olen?  ;)

I had to scratch my head about that one myself, Jeff.  I knew right away that he is Woodbowl's son Judson.  I had to squint to realize that he was clutching an armload of those big ol' Longleaf pine cones against that brown shirt. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Don K

:D :D :D That's what I thought too. Somebody had stomach cramps from gas retention. :D :D :D :D

I hate I had to miss this year again. It is going on the vacation board at work for next year as soon as I can get dates to post. Looks like a great time and fun for all.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Corley5

Looks like you guys had a good time as usual  8) 8)  Wish I coulda been there.  Maybe next year  :)  I too wondered what was going on in the photo in  ???    :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dnalley

There was some good music, in the form of WDH and Woodbowl.  Danny was singing some songs that he has written, eyes closed, head laid back, and I mean really into it.  Same with Olen.  I, the wanna be, was a severe hindrance, in spite of what either one of them will tell you.  Any of yall who play music can relate to what I'm saying.  Truthfully these two are what I consider fine Musicians and when Danny said "in A-Minor", I was lost from the very beginning!!!  Somebody needs to show up to play my guitar, no joke!  Still had a great time in spite of myself.  Lord willing, looking forward to next time, where-ever that may be.

WDH

Nas, it was in the low 80's F.  Nice and warm, but pretty pleasant for down here.  That is a nice camping area in the longleaf pines.

Dnalley was singing some too, so don't let him fool you.  Olen was singing a song or two as well.  The music was fun and one of the reasons that I love to meet these guys.  The Ag Expo is just a sideline to me.

That is funny about Judson retching in the background.  When I posted the pic, I did not associate the lima beans with his cone-holding posture.  This is an observative bunch around here  :D.  The beans were fine, and no ill effects to this point  :).

BTW, Tom is probably still on the phone with DanG  ;D.

woodbowl

Quote from: WDH on October 23, 2009, 06:54:35 PM

Dnalley was singing some too, so don't let him fool you. 

Ain't that the truth!  Dnally sang several songs while picking his guitar and we just followed along. That Dnally, he's a modest one, but he sure makes some mean corn bread.  ;D

Well I'll be,  I just noticed my boy in the background, it does kinda look like he's got some  bad stomach cramps or something from eating too many lima beans don't it!    steve_smiley 
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

bd354

Sorry I missed you guys. DanG 20 year old whippersnapper almost walked me to death. My leg started bothering me and he managed to get a sunburn so we decided to head home. I didn't realize Woodbowl had called twice to see where I was until I got home. Somehow the ringer got turned off. Next year I'll camp with ya'll and can take it a little slower. Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun. I'll be ready next year.

Tom

It was a funny situation around the camp.  Woodbowl couldn't remember your userid and you became  Br549.  He tried awful hard to get hold of you. :D

bd354

DanG

Quote from: WDH on October 23, 2009, 10:09:48 AM

DanG and Dnalley talking about the finer points of something-or-the-other.  Whatever it was, it would have probably landed in the Restricted Topics Area  :).

It might have started out in the Restricted area, but I'm pretty sure it would have landed in the Woodshed. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

Quote from: dnalley on October 23, 2009, 05:57:21 PM
I, the wanna be, was a severe hindrance, in spite of what either one of them will tell you. A-Minor", I was lost from the very beginning!!!  Somebody needs to show up to play my guitar, no joke! 

I swear, that DNalley is about the most modestest feller I ever ran across!!  I sat there and listened, and there wasn't nuthin wrong with that guitar pickin'!   Dwight, I know that this was just the second time you have picked with WDH and the third with Woodbowl, stretched over a period of three years.  From where I sat, you guys sounded like you had practiced every day for all that time, guitar and all!

Fla._Deadheader

If'n all Y'all had a choice, time spread being a major consideration, and time AT the event, which event would y'all choose to attend, Pig Roast or Moultrie ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

The Pig Roast, hands down!  Fortunately for me, I'm not faced with that decision as I can go to Moultrie whether I made the PR or not.  It is only 85 miles from me.  If it was 200 miles or more, I'm not sure I would make it regularly.  If it were not for the little tradition of camping in the pines with my fellow Forumites, I wouldn't have gone this year at all.  In fact, I didn't even go into the show.  I spent the whole day sitting in the shade and visiting with Tom after the others left. ;)

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Moultrie is nice, but there is nothing quite like the Pig Roast.  You can come casual or you can wear a Tux.  You can have it "tastes great" or "less filling".  You can eat high or low on the hog.  You can listen to Pigman and listen to Pigman ;D.

Fla._Deadheader

I've met Bob, and, he is a good guy to visit with.

I've got no vehicle, and a 1 day visit is a LOT of money, from where I sit.  ::)

Moultrie, I know some of the guys, and might be able to get Ed to go with me, IF I rope him and hog tie him  ::) ???  A 2-days, 2 night visit seems a LOT cheaper with no vehicle ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

isawlogs

Harold ... why make it one day .  ::)  Come early, I will bring some Bleu and share  ;) No vehicle, I know theres a Dodge out there just waiting to get your foot on the pedale, just make sure she has her back turned some .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!