iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

changing gas line in MS360

Started by Modat22, October 19, 2009, 10:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

I had my gas line replaced every 2 years by a chainsaw service and replaced it myself last time. Seems like I pretty much had to dismantle the whole dang saw to get the preformed gasline installed due to a molded on gromet on the line.

I need to replace the gas line again and was wondering what the easiest method of replacing the line myself without taking the whole saw appart  ???

Thanks in advance
remember man that thy are dust.

Rocky_J

Wipe a little dab of grease on the grommet before installing it. Pulling usually works better than pushing. Just speaking in general, I've replaced many grommets and fitted fuel lines but never on a MS360.

chainspinrunner

A little grease or vasoline works good to coat the OUTSIDE of the line and make sure not to get any near the ends. This will preserve your rubber lines and should make maintenance less frequent!
Grose

joe_indi

There is no need to do any major dismantling to replace the fuel hose.
Here is what the manual says

Removing the suction hose:
* Remove the carburetor
* Pull the pickup body off the suction hose.
* Pull the suction hose out of the tank housing.
* Install in the reverse sequence.(the new hose)

Note:
Coat the hose flange with a little oil to simplify installation. The flat face of the hose flange must be seated on the tank housing.

GASoline71

Why are you replacing it so often?  I have an 028 that was bought new by my father in 1984... That saw has had the fuel line replaced ony once... and that was because he accidentally tore it when putting a new fuel filter on it.

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

beenthere

I am wondering the same thing.
Is it a gas thing?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Modat22

I'm assuming its the gas in my area, I use the stihl oil in the gas.

The lines crack near the carb in one of the preformed curves. Its annoying.
remember man that thy are dust.

sablatnic

I replace a lot of fuel lines on Stihl saws and brush cutters, not because they crack, but because they shrink. (And become a lose and leaky fit in the holes in the tank). Two years is about average here.

Thank You Sponsors!