iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poulan not oiling

Started by mr_ed, October 17, 2009, 10:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_ed

I have a poulan Wood Shark 1800 that is not oiling the chain.
I removed the oiler cover.The oil filter was clean. Both oiling lines were in place,one end on the oiler, the other end at the bar.

Does the check valve (on the same side of the saw as the oiler) have any thing to do with the chain oiler? Since this not a mechanical oiler on this saw, how does the chain oiling system work?
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

How do I remove the clutch on this saw?

Kevin

They usually work under pressure developed in the crankcase.
The pressure forces the oil through the pump body.
The check valve allows the flow of pressure in one direction only, from the crankcase to the pump.

rebocardo

My experience with a few poulans is that the line leaks around the valve and the valves are not the greatest anyways. If memory serves me, I cut the line, cleaned it, then super glued the brass valve to the plastic line.

rickywashere

does it show any oil at the base of the bar if so it may be as simple as taking a putty knife and scraping the chain guide to remove old saw dust

Al_Smith

Poulan used three types of oilers that I am aware of .

One type was an impulse operated diaphragm pump located on the flywheel side and it was very good .Used on the S-25 types

Another was seen on more modern saws and it was a gear pump similar to Husqvarna and driven by a gear off the clutch drum .It was fine .Used on the 2800 style

Now the third type is also an impulse deal but forward on the clutch side .This is the type that isn't worth a pile  of dog s---- and gives everyone fits . I've have limited success with this type by soaking it in WD-40 over night and blowing them out with air . Evidently this little piece of junk has a couple of check valves contained within that  plug up or something .Next to the Mini Macs the worst oiler ever hung on a saw .

Thank You Sponsors!