iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bought myself a present

Started by Cooter, October 17, 2009, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

I was walking the dog when I decided to swing into Salvation Army.  I was looking for old cast iron cookwear, but found this instead.  Today is my birthday, so I decided I'd better spend the $30 and bring the saw home.  The compression doesn't feel as strong as my other 925 that runs great, so I don't know what work this new one will take.  At the very least I've got a great parts saw, but I really want to hear her run.  I just love those old Supers!

Sorry, but my photos were too large to post.  For now please visualize a pretty red Homelite Super XL925.  My wife's taking me to dinner, so it'll be tomorrow before  I figure out how to doctor the photos.

Jeff

The Java uploader will resize for you.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

boobap

my dad has one of those that i just tore completly down and rebuilt for him. i could only find one piston ring at the time so i put the new one on top and flipped the lower one. one trick to do, is break an old ring and use it to "scrape" the ring journal and get all of the carbon out of there and pay darn close attention to the pins, or you risk braking a ring when the time comes for re-install...are you ever going to post the pics? i would like very much to see yours! another thing to pay attention to on those is the smaller clutch bolts like to back out and they will cut a very nicely shaped circle on the clutch housing...

quietrangr

Quote from: Cooter on October 17, 2009, 08:24:31 PM
I was walking the dog when I decided to swing into Salvation Army.  I was looking for old cast iron cookwear, but found this instead.  Today is my birthday, so I decided I'd better spend the $30 and bring the saw home.  The compression doesn't feel as strong as my other 925 that runs great, so I don't know what work this new one will take.  At the very least I've got a great parts saw, but I really want to hear her run.  I just love those old Supers!

Sorry, but my photos were too large to post.  For now please visualize a pretty red Homelite Super XL925.  My wife's taking me to dinner, so it'll be tomorrow before  I figure out how to doctor the photos.

I had a couple of them when I started logging in the early '70s. Actually started with a 923.

Thank You Sponsors!