iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1984 John deere 640 ?????

Started by leavitt logging, October 17, 2009, 10:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leavitt logging

I have recently purchased a straight 640. While looking for a skidder I tried out many 640d's what are the major mechanical differances between a 84 640 and a 85 640d and up? The other question I have is the hydraulic disconnect is missing,the lever is there the linkage is not. The machine has new motor and tranny. There was 2400 hours on both when I purchased the machine.Why would some one not connect linkage? Due to cold weather in Northern Vermont it would be nice to be able to disconnect the Hydraulics before starting. How big of ajob is it to connect linkage?

Black_Bear

Kevin, your brother in law can help you out with this question. I know he's just chomping at the bit to tinker on a skidder.  :D

Connecting the hydraulic linkage shouldn't be much more than having the correct linkage, connecting pin(s) and cotter pin(s); it is a fairly simple concept.

fishpharmer

LL welcome to the forestry forum.  Don't much about skidders.  But if its a Deere its got to be good ;)

Sounds like sloppy work, not connecting the linkage.....but there are all sorts of reasons for that sorta thing, maybe the dog ate it? :D 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!