iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Don't Forget to Winterize All Equipment Before the Temp.'s Drop to -32 F.

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, October 17, 2009, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

I spent the morning going around to all my equipment & serviced to -20 F. +, that's good enough for PA.

I had to service some of the engines up to get a sample. I ran the engine until the coolant was well circulated to get an honest reading on AF Tester.

If you have to add AF, make sure you circulate everything (run 15 min.) and the therostat is open. You need to ensure your  engine block is protected with the proper strenth AF.  After the engine is warm, take a new sample & your good-to-go.

Batterys are the next item, if I'm not going to run the equipment that often in winter, I'm remove the battery(s). I place them in a non frezzing place. Batterys are expense now,  when the battery is discharged from static setting.. it's will frezze and cause internal damage (junk) to cells.

Also, I gang them together with jumpers and place them on a trickle charger about every two to tree weeks.

Next is exhaust, I double cover the upright exh. stacks. I have flapper covers over everything but some stacks flappers do not have a good seal.  I stick a small plastic bucket over them or large drinking cup.

Don't forget exposed hdy. cyl.'s rods and best way to park the maching without pressure on the cyl(s). .  I grease them up and use the throw away gloves.  Service the fuel tanks to the top (if possible( and drain the water off the bottom. I forgot to do that and lost a good inj. pump due to water  coming down the fuel line and wrecking the pump.

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Thank You Sponsors!