iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT300 auction (had to sit on my hands)

Started by Hilltop366, October 15, 2009, 08:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilltop366

Will I don't want to spill the beans for someone but I seen a Lt300& edger about 3-4 years old less than 1500hrs go through an auction today with only one bid.  I really really thought about bidding on it but managed to let it go by (I was kind of looking for a backhoe).

There was no gaurantee it worked and had all ready been removed from it's site for the sale so was not known if  it was complete.
Doing some quick math and figuring how much to move 500mi + exchange + taxes..... and no access to 3 ph power and so on... I let it go.

It was'int easy.

ladylake

Are you going to tell us how much it went for?    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Hilltop366

I don't know .....do ya think it would be ethical ?

fishpharmer

Yes it is ethical. 

It would be against the FF code of ethics (I think) not to share the price.

You started this mister. :D ;D

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

Seems we have been following the thought of not sharing when such an item is on an auction, in case a member is in the bidding.  But after the auction, seems the selling price could be shared.

Anyone see a problem?  I might be missing something here.  ::)

Jeff recently asked us not to share things on Craigslist for the above reason. I'd think auctions would be similar.

A PM to someone you know is looking for an item might be a bit different.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Hilltop366

Well it's 3 against 1.

Sold for the starting bid,

$15000.00 us

It was on the last min. of a 3 min time slot before anyone bid, if anyone bids in the last min more time is added (you can't snipe).

Received no more bids (because I was sitting on my hands)

Aprox 15000 viewers world wide but the auction is mostly heavy equipment very little forestry.

fishpharmer

Thanks, you did your forestry forum duty  :D

Amazing deal for someone.

backwoods sawyer

Did you strain any muscles trying to stay seated on your hand? That would have been a tough one to watch go for that price. You could have justified getting a 3 phase generator to run it. 
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Hilltop366

Slingshot

But you gotta wonder how much this other guy would have paid if he had someone bidding against him.
Sure thing the selling price would have been more. 8)

(make you feel any better?)

WH_Conley

Bill

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Hilltop366

Quote from: Slingshot on October 16, 2009, 10:31:15 PM
But you gotta wonder how much this other guy would have paid if he had someone bidding against him.
Sure thing the selling price would have been more. 8)

(make you feel any better?)

I'm OK now.

Quote from: WH_Conley on October 17, 2009, 01:13:34 AM
Bet that was rough on the hemmies.
:D

Quote from: ScottAR on October 17, 2009, 01:53:15 AM
Ironplanet? 

Yep

Thank You Sponsors!