iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

From Cosmos to a molecule. An eyeopener

Started by CHARLIE, September 15, 2003, 06:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

This is fun and might even stimulate some thought. I think we are pretty insignificant from a universal standpoint yet it's amazing how complex we are.  Click on this link and take a trip from the Milkyway galaxy into the leaf of an oak tree in Tallahassee, Florida.  Have fun!!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

CHARLIE

Hey Noble! Makes you look at a leaf in a whole different way. Doesn't it? :P
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

dat's was so cool to see .... :) 8) 8) 8)
thanks Charlie
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

woodmills1

stunning
whose yard is that anyway? :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

shopteacher

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

SawInIt CA

Texas Ranger

"It's full of stars"

cool, start at the beginning and rapid click all the way through.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

It's your yard Millsy. :)  The National High Magnetic Lab is a research facility, run by Florida State U, for the US Gov. It is located in Innovation Park, a high-tech industrial park in southwest Tallahassee. It contains the world's most powerful magnet, whose field makes things like we just saw possible. At least half of the building you saw is devoted to the cooling system for the magnet.
The phone system for the park is one of my least favorite things to work on. It is in an underground bunker near the lab, and I hate going down that ladder. Also, those people are picky, picky, picky. It seems like they want the phone to work ALL the DanG time. ??? :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

Pretty cool Charlie, thanks. Stuff like that always gets me thinking where we go after our time here.

Kevin_H.

:'( Couldn't get it to load, Bummer  :-/
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Thank You Sponsors!